What is involved in Mobile computing
Find out what the related areas are that Mobile computing connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Mobile computing thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Mobile computing journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Mobile computing leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Mobile computing related domains to cover and 142 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Mobile computing, Mobile device management, Sharp Zaurus, HP Omnibook, Cellular network, Code division multiple access, Portable computer, 2-in-1 PC, Computer terminal, Programmable calculator, Wireless sensor network, Communications of the ACM, Table computer, Wearable computer, Mobile Internet device, Line-of-sight propagation, Palmtop PC, Opinion polls, Mobile interaction, Communications protocol, Smart ring, General Packet Radio Service, Video game arcade cabinet, Mobile development, Enhanced Data Rates for GSM Evolution, Personal digital assistant, Mainframe computer, Human–computer interaction, Desktop computer, Pocket PC, Mobile ad hoc network, Personal computer, Graphing calculator, 2-in-1 tablet, Ultra mobile PC, Operating system, Mobile security, Mobile computing, Portable data terminal, Home computer, Information appliance, Mobile phone radiation and health, Software agent, The Wall Street Journal, Midrange computer, Home video game console, Plug computer, Mobile phone, Telephone call, Lists of mobile computers, Portable media player, Galaxy Nexus, Smart device:
Mobile computing Critical Criteria:
Examine Mobile computing quality and get answers.
– How to ensure high data availability in mobile computing environment where frequent disconnections may occur because the clients and server may be weakly connected?
– What impact has emerging technology (e.g., cloud computing, virtualization and mobile computing) had on your companys ITRM program over the past 12 months?
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Mobile computing is underway?
– Is information security ensured when using mobile computing and tele-working facilities?
– What are the usability implications of Mobile computing actions?
– Who sets the Mobile computing standards?
Mobile device management Critical Criteria:
Co-operate on Mobile device management failures and separate what are the business goals Mobile device management is aiming to achieve.
– Does Mobile computing include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– How do mission and objectives affect the Mobile computing processes of our organization?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Mobile computing processes?
Sharp Zaurus Critical Criteria:
Start Sharp Zaurus planning and separate what are the business goals Sharp Zaurus is aiming to achieve.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Mobile computing delivery for example is new software needed?
– Does our organization need more Mobile computing education?
– What are the long-term Mobile computing goals?
HP Omnibook Critical Criteria:
Probe HP Omnibook issues and clarify ways to gain access to competitive HP Omnibook services.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Mobile computing leader?
– What is our formula for success in Mobile computing ?
– What are our Mobile computing Processes?
Cellular network Critical Criteria:
Frame Cellular network decisions and finalize the present value of growth of Cellular network.
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Mobile computing requirements in detail?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Mobile computing Management?
Code division multiple access Critical Criteria:
Sort Code division multiple access planning and find answers.
– In what ways are Mobile computing vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– What are the business goals Mobile computing is aiming to achieve?
Portable computer Critical Criteria:
Confer over Portable computer planning and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Portable computer projects.
– Is maximizing Mobile computing protection the same as minimizing Mobile computing loss?
– Do Mobile computing rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
2-in-1 PC Critical Criteria:
Consider 2-in-1 PC risks and visualize why should people listen to you regarding 2-in-1 PC.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Mobile computing strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– Are there Mobile computing problems defined?
Computer terminal Critical Criteria:
Deliberate Computer terminal tasks and ask what if.
– Do we prepare for the future where the internet will move significantly beyond relying on handheld devices and computer terminals towards a more massively integrated web of things?
– What is the source of the strategies for Mobile computing strengthening and reform?
– What will drive Mobile computing change?
Programmable calculator Critical Criteria:
Illustrate Programmable calculator issues and adjust implementation of Programmable calculator.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Mobile computing is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Mobile computing. How do we gain traction?
– Are there Mobile computing Models?
Wireless sensor network Critical Criteria:
Discuss Wireless sensor network tactics and innovate what needs to be done with Wireless sensor network.
– Do the Mobile computing decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– What are all of our Mobile computing domains and what do they do?
– Does our wireless sensor network scale?
– Do we have past Mobile computing Successes?
Communications of the ACM Critical Criteria:
Drive Communications of the ACM visions and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Communications of the ACM.
– Consider your own Mobile computing project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– How do we Improve Mobile computing service perception, and satisfaction?
Table computer Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Table computer decisions and overcome Table computer skills and management ineffectiveness.
– Think about the people you identified for your Mobile computing project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– Will Mobile computing have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– Are we Assessing Mobile computing and Risk?
Wearable computer Critical Criteria:
Experiment with Wearable computer strategies and customize techniques for implementing Wearable computer controls.
– How can you negotiate Mobile computing successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– How do senior leaders actions reflect a commitment to the organizations Mobile computing values?
Mobile Internet device Critical Criteria:
Transcribe Mobile Internet device issues and drive action.
– How will you know that the Mobile computing project has been successful?
– What are the barriers to increased Mobile computing production?
– Is Supporting Mobile computing documentation required?
Line-of-sight propagation Critical Criteria:
Discourse Line-of-sight propagation leadership and cater for concise Line-of-sight propagation education.
– How do we know that any Mobile computing analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– What are current Mobile computing Paradigms?
Palmtop PC Critical Criteria:
Check Palmtop PC visions and handle a jump-start course to Palmtop PC.
– How do we Lead with Mobile computing in Mind?
Opinion polls Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Opinion polls tasks and figure out ways to motivate other Opinion polls users.
– What are the key elements of your Mobile computing performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Mobile computing agendas for the next 3 years?
– What is our Mobile computing Strategy?
Mobile interaction Critical Criteria:
Derive from Mobile interaction strategies and adjust implementation of Mobile interaction.
– Forget right-click and control+z. mobile interactions are fundamentally different from those on a desktop. does your mobile solution allow you to interact with desktop-authored dashboards using touchscreen gestures like taps, flicks, and pinches?
– Does Mobile computing systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– Is Mobile computing dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
Communications protocol Critical Criteria:
Confer over Communications protocol risks and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Communications protocol.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Mobile computing? There might be some that are less obvious?
– Why should we adopt a Mobile computing framework?
Smart ring Critical Criteria:
Give examples of Smart ring results and triple focus on important concepts of Smart ring relationship management.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Mobile computing process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Mobile computing process available?
– Is there any existing Mobile computing governance structure?
– What are specific Mobile computing Rules to follow?
General Packet Radio Service Critical Criteria:
Troubleshoot General Packet Radio Service outcomes and frame using storytelling to create more compelling General Packet Radio Service projects.
– How do we ensure that implementations of Mobile computing products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Mobile computing study?
Video game arcade cabinet Critical Criteria:
Consult on Video game arcade cabinet management and probe the present value of growth of Video game arcade cabinet.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Mobile computing in a volatile global economy?
– Does Mobile computing analysis show the relationships among important Mobile computing factors?
Mobile development Critical Criteria:
Confer re Mobile development quality and proactively manage Mobile development risks.
– To what extent does management recognize Mobile computing as a tool to increase the results?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Mobile computing?
– How can skill-level changes improve Mobile computing?
Enhanced Data Rates for GSM Evolution Critical Criteria:
Examine Enhanced Data Rates for GSM Evolution strategies and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Enhanced Data Rates for GSM Evolution projects.
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Mobile computing?
– Why are Mobile computing skills important?
Personal digital assistant Critical Criteria:
Look at Personal digital assistant governance and know what your objective is.
– What support does the IT Security product provide for laptops/notebooks, personal digital assistants (PDA), and IP-based phones?
– How to Secure Mobile computing?
Mainframe computer Critical Criteria:
Categorize Mainframe computer strategies and work towards be a leading Mainframe computer expert.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Mobile computing workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
Human–computer interaction Critical Criteria:
Frame Human–computer interaction adoptions and pioneer acquisition of Human–computer interaction systems.
– When a Mobile computing manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– How do we manage Mobile computing Knowledge Management (KM)?
Desktop computer Critical Criteria:
Generalize Desktop computer strategies and forecast involvement of future Desktop computer projects in development.
– what is the best design framework for Mobile computing organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Mobile computing opportunities costing us money?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Mobile computing been identified and analyzed?
Pocket PC Critical Criteria:
Scrutinze Pocket PC issues and get going.
– Can we add value to the current Mobile computing decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– What are the short and long-term Mobile computing goals?
Mobile ad hoc network Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Mobile ad hoc network strategies and pioneer acquisition of Mobile ad hoc network systems.
– Does Mobile computing create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Mobile computing leaders?
– Can we do Mobile computing without complex (expensive) analysis?
Personal computer Critical Criteria:
Examine Personal computer tactics and catalog Personal computer activities.
– Have you identified your Mobile computing key performance indicators?
– How much does Mobile computing help?
Graphing calculator Critical Criteria:
Examine Graphing calculator goals and define what our big hairy audacious Graphing calculator goal is.
2-in-1 tablet Critical Criteria:
Canvass 2-in-1 tablet planning and cater for concise 2-in-1 tablet education.
Ultra mobile PC Critical Criteria:
Dissect Ultra mobile PC risks and create a map for yourself.
Operating system Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Operating system tactics and describe which business rules are needed as Operating system interface.
– If the firewall runs on an individual host for which all users are not trusted system administrators, how vulnerable is it to tampering by a user logged into the operating system running on the protected hosts?
– In a virtualized data center, guest operating system kernels were modified to eliminate the need for binary translation. which compute virtualization technique was used?
– What should an organization consider before migrating its applications and operating system to the public cloud to prevent vendor lock-in?
– What is the total cost related to deploying Mobile computing, including any consulting or professional services?
– What operating systems are used for student computers, devices, laptops, etc.?
– What operating system does your computer use?
– Is unauthorized access to operating systems prevented?
– How do we go about Securing Mobile computing?
Mobile security Critical Criteria:
Reason over Mobile security risks and visualize why should people listen to you regarding Mobile security.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Mobile computing process?
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Mobile computing with what users do day-to-day?
– What about Mobile computing Analysis of results?
Mobile computing Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Mobile computing outcomes and proactively manage Mobile computing risks.
Portable data terminal Critical Criteria:
Model after Portable data terminal planning and oversee Portable data terminal management by competencies.
– What vendors make products that address the Mobile computing needs?
– Do we all define Mobile computing in the same way?
Home computer Critical Criteria:
Set goals for Home computer governance and arbitrate Home computer techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– Do employees use laptops or home computers to work on agency business outside of the office?
– Why is Mobile computing important for you now?
Information appliance Critical Criteria:
Own Information appliance projects and describe the risks of Information appliance sustainability.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Mobile computing processes?
Mobile phone radiation and health Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Mobile phone radiation and health decisions and perfect Mobile phone radiation and health conflict management.
Software agent Critical Criteria:
Face Software agent engagements and probe Software agent strategic alliances.
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Mobile computing?
The Wall Street Journal Critical Criteria:
Devise The Wall Street Journal tactics and probe The Wall Street Journal strategic alliances.
– Is there a Mobile computing Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– Have all basic functions of Mobile computing been defined?
Midrange computer Critical Criteria:
Study Midrange computer adoptions and learn.
– Think of your Mobile computing project. what are the main functions?
– How do we maintain Mobile computings Integrity?
Home video game console Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Home video game console results and adopt an insight outlook.
– How do we measure improved Mobile computing service perception, and satisfaction?
Plug computer Critical Criteria:
Sort Plug computer decisions and test out new things.
Mobile phone Critical Criteria:
Check Mobile phone tasks and mentor Mobile phone customer orientation.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Mobile computing models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– What is the purpose of Mobile computing in relation to the mission?
Telephone call Critical Criteria:
Discuss Telephone call results and be persistent.
Lists of mobile computers Critical Criteria:
Wrangle Lists of mobile computers strategies and achieve a single Lists of mobile computers view and bringing data together.
– How do we Identify specific Mobile computing investment and emerging trends?
Portable media player Critical Criteria:
Add value to Portable media player engagements and attract Portable media player skills.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Mobile computing experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
Galaxy Nexus Critical Criteria:
Have a round table over Galaxy Nexus issues and cater for concise Galaxy Nexus education.
– Will Mobile computing deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– How can we improve Mobile computing?
Smart device Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Smart device planning and raise human resource and employment practices for Smart device.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Mobile computing strengthening and reform actually originate?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Mobile computing Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Mobile computing External links:
Panasonic Mobile Computing Configure Products
Mobile Computing Solutions – Innovations in Mini ITX
Trimble Mobile Computing Solutions
Mobile device management External links:
MobiLock Pro: Android Mobile Device Management, …
HP Omnibook External links:
HP Omnibook and HP Pavilion Notebook PCs – Upgrading …
hp omnibook xe2 – Staples Inc.
Cellular network External links:
CELLULAR NETWORK NOT AVAILABLE | Verizon …
EXISTING TECHNOLOGY OF CELLULAR NETWORKS – …
Check your cellular network coverage | Pod Trackers
Code division multiple access External links:
Title | Code Division Multiple Access | Mobile Phones
Trimble – Time & Frequency – Code Division Multiple Access
Portable computer External links:
ERIC – A Portable Computer Security Workshop, Journal …
Computer terminal External links:
How to Hack a Computer Terminal in Fallout 3: 8 Steps
334118 NAICS Code | Computer Terminal and Other …
Computer terminal – Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Wireless sensor network External links:
The Senlink Wireless Sensor Network – UgMO
Wireless Sensor Network Standards for Real-Time …
Communications of the ACM External links:
[PDF]Communications of the ACM March 1997 v40 n3 …
Communications of the ACM – Home | Facebook
Communications of the ACM – Official Site
Wearable computer External links:
Wearable Computer – Gartner IT Glossary
Apple Unveils Watch Wearable Computer – Time
New Wearable Computer Also Sucks Your Dick – YouTube
Palmtop PC External links:
HP 660LX Palmtop PC – Accessories | HP® Customer Support
HP 200LX 1-MB Palmtop PC – GovDeals.com
Opinion polls External links:
Muslim Opinion Polls – TheReligionofPeace
Opinion Polls news, features and videos – WOW.com
Mobile interaction External links:
IWall – Mobile Interaction – Home | Facebook
Pre-Touch Sensing for Mobile Interaction – YouTube
YouAreWelcome | Mobile Interaction for Refugee …
Communications protocol External links:
Modbus-Simple Communications Protocol
Communiciations Protocol-Parents. Communications Protocol-Parents; Engadine Consolidated Schools; W13920 Melville Street Engadine, MI 49827. Phone: 906 …
http://Standards for PHEV/EV Communications Protocol – energy.gov
Smart ring External links:
Nimb: Smart Ring With A Panic Button
People Try A Smart Ring That Controls Your Phone – YouTube
Orii smart ring turns your fingertip into a Bluetooth earpiece
General Packet Radio Service External links:
What Is GPRS? – General Packet Radio Service
General Packet Radio Service – Wiktionary
Video game arcade cabinet External links:
Video Game Arcade Cabinet Accessories – The Cajun …
Mobile development External links:
Web and Mobile development company | Cruxlab, Inc.
Best Mobile Development Software in 2017 | G2 Crowd
Gravity Works Design – Web Design, Mobile Development …
Enhanced Data Rates for GSM Evolution External links:
CiteSeerX — EDGE: Enhanced Data Rates for GSM Evolution
Enhanced Data Rates for GSM Evolution — Vikipēdija
Personal digital assistant External links:
What is Personal Digital Assistant (PDA)? Webopedia …
PALM PERSONAL DIGITAL ASSISTANT – GovDeals.com
Mainframe computer External links:
IBM Mainframe Computer Ops in the 1980s – YouTube
Desktop computer External links:
www.bhphotovideo.com › … › Desktop Computers
www.bhphotovideo.com › … › Desktop Computers
Download Skype for Desktop Computer | Skype
Pocket PC External links:
Ockel Sirius B Windows 10 Pocket PC | StackSocial
PBA Bowling for Pocket PC – Download
Pocket RAR for Pocket PC – Download
Personal computer External links:
HP Personal Computer Startup & No-Boot | HP® Official Site
Personal Computer Training RI, MA | Systemetrics
Association of Personal Computer User Groups
Graphing calculator External links:
Math / Graphing Calculator Recommendations – lcps.org
fx Solver – Equation Library.Graphing Calculator.Math Solver
NumWorks Graphing Calculator
2-in-1 tablet External links:
Porsche Design BOOK ONE 2-in-1 Tablet PC – Newegg.com
Ultra mobile PC External links:
Ultra Mobile PC | eBay
Azentek DT360 Ultra Mobile PC – YouTube
SONY VAIO UX Series VGN-UX280P Ultra Mobile PC Intel …
Operating system External links:
KAR Management Operating System (MOS) – Login
Operating System and Browser warning
FINERY: The Wardrobe Operating System™
Mobile security External links:
Find Your Lost or Stolen Android Device | AVG Mobile Security
Mobile Protection, Enterprise Mobile Security – Skycure
ADP Mobile Security
Mobile computing External links:
Quatred, LLC Mobile Computing and Bar Coding, RFID
Mobile Computing Solutions – Innovations in Mini ITX
Trimble Mobile Computing Solutions
Portable data terminal External links:
Approved Hdwr – Portable Data Terminal – Accountants …
POS Portable Data Terminal – JMM Software
Home computer External links:
The Best Home Computer | Top Ten Reviews
Information appliance External links:
HP Capshare Information Appliance – Installing HP …
Mobile phone radiation and health External links:
[PDF]Mobile phone radiation and health – Medford UMC
mobile phone radiation and health Archives – EMF Protection
Software agent External links:
Insurance Agency Software | Software Agent | Agency Matrix
The Wall Street Journal External links:
Customer Center – The Wall Street Journal & Barron’s
The Wall Street Journal
The Wall Street Journal D.Live
Midrange computer External links:
midrange computer Definition from PC Magazine Encyclope…
Home video game console External links:
Which Home Video Game Console Are Americans Most Likely …
Home Video Game Console History – Good Deal Games
http://www.gooddealgames.com/articles/Home Video Game History.html
Plug computer External links:
Enuoda Black Blue VGA 15 Pin Male to Plug Computer …
http://www.ebay.com › … › Monitor/AV Cables & Adapters
How to Plug Computer Speakers Into a Dell? | Chron.com
Mobile phone External links:
Mobile Banking | Mobile Phone Banking | U.S. Bank
See shopping results for mobile phone
Telephone call External links:
[PDF]I-162 Attorney/Offender Telephone Call Application
CPR Call Blocker – The World’s #1 Telephone Call Blocker
“Suspense” Telephone Call (TV Episode 1951) – IMDb
Portable media player External links:
Portable Media Player | eBay
8 GB Portable Media Player by Ematic – wards.com
Naxa 4GB Portable Media Player – Newegg.com
Galaxy Nexus External links:
Galaxy Nexus by Samsung – Verizon Wireless
Unlocking Samsung Galaxy Nexus | Verizon Community
Samsung Galaxy Nexus LTE L700 – Full phone specifications
Smart device External links:
Mist Systems Platform: Smart wireless for the smart device …
Twisted iPhone, LLC – Smart Device Repair
With Fidesmo, your smart device can be even smarter