What is involved in Amazon Redshift
Find out what the related areas are that Amazon Redshift connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Amazon Redshift thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Amazon Redshift journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Amazon Redshift leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Amazon Redshift related domains to cover and 110 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Amazon Redshift, Actuate Corporation, Amazon RDS, Amazon Web Services, Big data, Business intelligence, Business intelligence software, Column-oriented DBMS, DXC Technology, Data integration, Data set, Data warehouse, Dundas Data Visualization, Internet hosting service, Logi Analytics, Massive parallel processing, Software release life cycle, System integration, Tableau Software, Yellowfin Business Intelligence:
Amazon Redshift Critical Criteria:
Start Amazon Redshift risks and research ways can we become the Amazon Redshift company that would put us out of business.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Amazon Redshift process?
– Does Amazon Redshift analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
– How do we keep improving Amazon Redshift?
Actuate Corporation Critical Criteria:
Huddle over Actuate Corporation results and ask questions.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Amazon Redshift goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– Is there a Amazon Redshift Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– Do Amazon Redshift rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
Amazon RDS Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Amazon RDS results and mentor Amazon RDS customer orientation.
– Think about the people you identified for your Amazon Redshift project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– What are our best practices for minimizing Amazon Redshift project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Amazon Redshift project lifecycle?
– Are we Assessing Amazon Redshift and Risk?
Amazon Web Services Critical Criteria:
Drive Amazon Web Services planning and acquire concise Amazon Web Services education.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Amazon Redshift strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– Consider your own Amazon Redshift project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– What is the best strategy going forward for data center disaster recovery?
– Amazon web services is which type of cloud computing distribution model?
– Are there Amazon Redshift Models?
Big data Critical Criteria:
Check Big data projects and triple focus on important concepts of Big data relationship management.
– While a move from Oracles MySQL may be necessary because of its inability to handle key big data use cases, why should that move involve a switch to Apache Cassandra and DataStax Enterprise?
– Do you see the need to clarify copyright aspects of the data-driven innovation (e.g. with respect to technologies such as text and data mining)?
– What are the particular research needs of your organization on big data analytics that you find essential to adequately handle your data assets?
– Looking at hadoop big data in the rearview mirror what would you have done differently after implementing a Data Lake?
– How should we organize to capture the benefit of Big Data and move swiftly to higher maturity stages?
– To what extent does your organization have experience with big data and data-driven innovation (DDI)?
– Which core Oracle Business Intelligence or Big Data Analytics products are used in your solution?
– what is needed to build a data-driven application that runs on streams of fast and big data?
– Wheres the evidence that using big data intelligently will improve business performance?
– What new definitions are needed to describe elements of new Big Data solutions?
– How close to the edge can we push the filtering and compression algorithms?
– Does your organization have the necessary skills to handle big data?
– Is data-driven decision-making part of the organizations culture?
– How do we measure the efficiency of these algorithms?
– Are our Big Data investment programs results driven?
– Isnt big data just another way of saying analytics?
– Hash tables for term management?
– what is Different about Big Data?
– Does Big Data Really Need HPC?
– How robust are the results?
Business intelligence Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Business intelligence leadership and work towards be a leading Business intelligence expert.
– Does the software let users work with the existing data infrastructure already in place, freeing your IT team from creating more cubes, universes, and standalone marts?
– Can you easily add users and features to quickly scale and customize to your organizations specific needs?
– Are business intelligence solutions starting to include social media data and analytics features?
– What are the approaches to handle RTB related data 100 GB aggregated for business intelligence?
– Does big data threaten the traditional data warehouse business intelligence model stack?
– What is the future scope for combination of Business Intelligence and Cloud Computing?
– What are the best BI and reporting tools for embedding in a SaaS application?
– What are typical responsibilities of someone in the role of Business Analyst?
– Does your BI solution require weeks or months to deploy or change?
– How is Business Intelligence and Information Management related?
– What are the pros and cons of outsourcing business intelligence?
– What BI functionality do we need, and what are we using today?
– How is Business Intelligence related to CRM?
– Is the product accessible from the internet?
– How is business intelligence disseminated?
– What is your expect product life cycle?
– Types of data sources supported?
Business intelligence software Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Business intelligence software strategies and correct Business intelligence software management by competencies.
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Amazon Redshift project?
– What is the source of the strategies for Amazon Redshift strengthening and reform?
– How can you measure Amazon Redshift in a systematic way?
Column-oriented DBMS Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to Column-oriented DBMS governance and prioritize challenges of Column-oriented DBMS.
– Do the Amazon Redshift decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– Think of your Amazon Redshift project. what are the main functions?
DXC Technology Critical Criteria:
Study DXC Technology results and remodel and develop an effective DXC Technology strategy.
– What are the key elements of your Amazon Redshift performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Amazon Redshift moving forward?
Data integration Critical Criteria:
Test Data integration leadership and look at it backwards.
– In which area(s) do data integration and BI, as part of Fusion Middleware, help our IT infrastructure?
– Which Oracle Data Integration products are used in your solution?
– What will drive Amazon Redshift change?
– What is Effective Amazon Redshift?
Data set Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap Data set tactics and assess and formulate effective operational and Data set strategies.
– For hosted solutions, are we permitted to download the entire data set in order to maintain local backups?
– How was it created; what algorithms, algorithm versions, ancillary and calibration data sets were used?
– Is data that is transcribed or copied checked for errors against the original data set?
– What needs to be in the plan related to the data capture for the various data sets?
– Is someone responsible for migrating data sets that are in old/outdated formats?
– Is there any existing Amazon Redshift governance structure?
– You get a data set. what do you do with it?
– Is a Amazon Redshift Team Work effort in place?
Data warehouse Critical Criteria:
Demonstrate Data warehouse management and handle a jump-start course to Data warehouse.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Amazon Redshift process?
– What tier data server has been identified for the storage of decision support data contained in a data warehouse?
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Amazon Redshift is underway?
– Do we need an enterprise data warehouse, a Data Lake, or both as part of our overall data architecture?
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Amazon Redshift?
– What does a typical data warehouse and business intelligence organizational structure look like?
– Is Data Warehouseing necessary for a business intelligence service?
– What is the difference between a database and data warehouse?
– What is the purpose of data warehouses and data marts?
– What are alternatives to building a data warehouse?
– Do we offer a good introduction to data warehouse?
– Data Warehouse versus Data Lake (Data Swamp)?
– Do you still need a data warehouse?
– Centralized data warehouse?
Dundas Data Visualization Critical Criteria:
Talk about Dundas Data Visualization tactics and look at it backwards.
– Does Amazon Redshift create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Amazon Redshift been identified and analyzed?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Amazon Redshift study?
Internet hosting service Critical Criteria:
Pilot Internet hosting service planning and reduce Internet hosting service costs.
– What are the disruptive Amazon Redshift technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Amazon Redshift processes?
Logi Analytics Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Logi Analytics tasks and probe Logi Analytics strategic alliances.
– How important is Amazon Redshift to the user organizations mission?
– Does our organization need more Amazon Redshift education?
Massive parallel processing Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Massive parallel processing strategies and finalize the present value of growth of Massive parallel processing.
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Amazon Redshift project manager?
– What about Amazon Redshift Analysis of results?
Software release life cycle Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Software release life cycle management and correct better engagement with Software release life cycle results.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Amazon Redshift information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– What are all of our Amazon Redshift domains and what do they do?
– What are the barriers to increased Amazon Redshift production?
System integration Critical Criteria:
Categorize System integration goals and look in other fields.
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for Amazon Redshift strengthening and reform actually originate?
– Is the Amazon Redshift organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– How do you address back-end system integration?
Tableau Software Critical Criteria:
Check Tableau Software projects and devise Tableau Software key steps.
– For your Amazon Redshift project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Amazon Redshift? There might be some that are less obvious?
Yellowfin Business Intelligence Critical Criteria:
Focus on Yellowfin Business Intelligence outcomes and explain and analyze the challenges of Yellowfin Business Intelligence.
– How do we know that any Amazon Redshift analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– How would one define Amazon Redshift leadership?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Amazon Redshift Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Amazon Redshift External links:
Amazon Redshift – Data Warehouse Solution – AWS
Amazon.com – Amazon Redshift
http://Ad · aws.amazon.com/redshift
FlyData | Real Time MySQL Replication to Amazon Redshift
Actuate Corporation External links:
Actuate Corporation – immixGroup
Erik Lind, OEM Corporate Account Manager, Actuate Corporation
Actuate Corporation v. NCR Corporation et al
Amazon RDS External links:
Microsoft SQL Azure vs Amazon RDS | Database …
Amazon RDS for PostgreSQLのリードレプリカの特徴 | …
Technical Introduction to Amazon RDS – Relational …
Amazon Web Services External links:
Amazon Web Services Sign-In
The Amazon Web Services Credits Program for Nonprofits
Stelligent – DevOps on Amazon Web Services
Big data External links:
Swiftly – Leverage big data to move your city
Qognify: Big Data Solutions for Physical Security & …
Take 5 Media Group – Build an audience using big data
Business intelligence External links:
List of Business Intelligence Skills – The Balance
Business intelligence software External links:
Mortgage Business Intelligence Software :: Motivity Solutions
[PDF]Business Intelligence Software – Open Systems Inc.
Business Intelligence Software | Solver
Column-oriented DBMS External links:
[PDF]C-Store: A Column-oriented DBMS – MIT Database …
ClickHouse — open source distributed column-oriented DBMS
Column-oriented DBMS |THWACK
DXC Technology External links:
DXC Technology: Global IT Services and Solutions Leader
Healthcare & Life Sciences | DXC Technology
DXC Technology Co: NYSE:CSC quotes & news – Google …
Data integration External links:
Customer Data Integration – Just another Tamr Inc. Sites site
KingswaySoft – Data Integration Solutions
Best Cloud Data Integration Software in 2017 | G2 Crowd
Data set External links:
Limited Data Set | HHS.gov
OpenFEMA Dataset: OpenFEMA Data Sets – V1 | FEMA.gov
Common Data Set | Office of Planning and Analysis
Data warehouse External links:
20 Best Title:(data Warehouse Manager) jobs (with …
Title Data Warehouse Analyst Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
HRSA Data Warehouse Home Page
Dundas Data Visualization External links:
Dundas Data Visualization, Inc. – Google+
Internet hosting service External links:
JPStream Internet | Internet Hosting Service in japan
Logi Analytics External links:
Summit Partners | Companies | Logi Analytics
Logi Analytics – Official Site
Logi Analytics Pricing
Software release life cycle External links:
Skill Pages – Software release life cycle | Dice.com
7011FI-1.xRelease.pdf | Software Release Life Cycle | Bit
System integration External links:
TSS Technologies – Contract Manufacturing | System Integration
System Integration | Industrial Automation
Tableau Software External links:
Formatting Parameter Titles | Tableau Software
Tableau Software, Inc. (DATA) After Hours Trading – NASDAQ.com
Yellowfin Business Intelligence External links:
Yellowfin Business Intelligence Software Solutions
Platform | Yellowfin Business Intelligence