What is involved in Blue Ocean Strategy
Find out what the related areas are that Blue Ocean Strategy connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Blue Ocean Strategy thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Blue Ocean Strategy journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Blue Ocean Strategy leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Blue Ocean Strategy related domains to cover and 87 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Blue Ocean Strategy, Brand management, Business Management, C.K. Prahalad, Cirque du Soleil, Consumer behaviour, Control group, Curves International, Deductive reasoning, Des Dearlove, Disruptive innovation, Economics of Strategy, Funky Business, Handheld game system, Harvard Business Review Press, Home Depot, Kjell Nordström, Library of Congress Classification, Market segmentation, Niche market, Nintendo DS, Pitney Bowes, Renée Mauborgne, Six Sigma, Southwest Airlines, Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide, TATA Motors, Tata Nano, Thinking Strategically, Touch screen, W. Chan Kim, Zero-sum game:
Blue Ocean Strategy Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Blue Ocean Strategy failures and catalog Blue Ocean Strategy activities.
– Is the Blue Ocean Strategy organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Blue Ocean Strategy Management?
– Is the scope of Blue Ocean Strategy defined?
Brand management Critical Criteria:
Model after Brand management risks and summarize a clear Brand management focus.
– Consider your own Blue Ocean Strategy project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Blue Ocean Strategy project?
– How can you measure Blue Ocean Strategy in a systematic way?
Business Management Critical Criteria:
Discuss Business Management issues and arbitrate Business Management techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Blue Ocean Strategy project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Blue Ocean Strategy project lifecycle?
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Blue Ocean Strategy is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– How do we Improve Blue Ocean Strategy service perception, and satisfaction?
C.K. Prahalad Critical Criteria:
Discourse C.K. Prahalad leadership and transcribe C.K. Prahalad as tomorrows backbone for success.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Blue Ocean Strategy information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Blue Ocean Strategy activities?
– How to Secure Blue Ocean Strategy?
Cirque du Soleil Critical Criteria:
Adapt Cirque du Soleil tasks and point out Cirque du Soleil tensions in leadership.
– How likely is the current Blue Ocean Strategy plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– How do we Lead with Blue Ocean Strategy in Mind?
Consumer behaviour Critical Criteria:
Guard Consumer behaviour quality and tour deciding if Consumer behaviour progress is made.
– Can we add value to the current Blue Ocean Strategy decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Blue Ocean Strategy?
– Which Blue Ocean Strategy goals are the most important?
Control group Critical Criteria:
Use past Control group results and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Control group.
– Does Blue Ocean Strategy include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Blue Ocean Strategy activities?
– Does our organization need more Blue Ocean Strategy education?
Curves International Critical Criteria:
Differentiate Curves International quality and attract Curves International skills.
– What are the Key enablers to make this Blue Ocean Strategy move?
– What are current Blue Ocean Strategy Paradigms?
– How to deal with Blue Ocean Strategy Changes?
Deductive reasoning Critical Criteria:
Explore Deductive reasoning adoptions and look at the big picture.
– Which customers cant participate in our Blue Ocean Strategy domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Blue Ocean Strategy?
– What are the usability implications of Blue Ocean Strategy actions?
Des Dearlove Critical Criteria:
Infer Des Dearlove decisions and remodel and develop an effective Des Dearlove strategy.
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Blue Ocean Strategy processes?
– How do we manage Blue Ocean Strategy Knowledge Management (KM)?
– Have all basic functions of Blue Ocean Strategy been defined?
Disruptive innovation Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Disruptive innovation issues and raise human resource and employment practices for Disruptive innovation.
– What are the disruptive innovations in the middle-term that provide near-term domain leadership?
– Are accountability and ownership for Blue Ocean Strategy clearly defined?
– Are assumptions made in Blue Ocean Strategy stated explicitly?
Economics of Strategy Critical Criteria:
Consolidate Economics of Strategy planning and create Economics of Strategy explanations for all managers.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your Blue Ocean Strategy strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– What are all of our Blue Ocean Strategy domains and what do they do?
Funky Business Critical Criteria:
Understand Funky Business results and mentor Funky Business customer orientation.
– Does Blue Ocean Strategy analysis isolate the fundamental causes of problems?
Handheld game system Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Handheld game system tactics and separate what are the business goals Handheld game system is aiming to achieve.
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Blue Ocean Strategy moving forward?
– Can we do Blue Ocean Strategy without complex (expensive) analysis?
– Why are Blue Ocean Strategy skills important?
Harvard Business Review Press Critical Criteria:
Distinguish Harvard Business Review Press goals and probe the present value of growth of Harvard Business Review Press.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Blue Ocean Strategy leader?
Home Depot Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Home Depot outcomes and proactively manage Home Depot risks.
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Blue Ocean Strategy project manager?
– What are internal and external Blue Ocean Strategy relations?
Kjell Nordström Critical Criteria:
Deliberate Kjell Nordström failures and explore and align the progress in Kjell Nordström.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Blue Ocean Strategy does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– Do we all define Blue Ocean Strategy in the same way?
Library of Congress Classification Critical Criteria:
Test Library of Congress Classification results and gather Library of Congress Classification models .
– Does Blue Ocean Strategy analysis show the relationships among important Blue Ocean Strategy factors?
Market segmentation Critical Criteria:
Extrapolate Market segmentation results and get out your magnifying glass.
– Can we establish a new market segmentation strategy focused on potential profitability and willingness to purchase?
– How will you measure your Blue Ocean Strategy effectiveness?
– Is a Blue Ocean Strategy Team Work effort in place?
Niche market Critical Criteria:
Chat re Niche market outcomes and describe the risks of Niche market sustainability.
– How do we go about Securing Blue Ocean Strategy?
Nintendo DS Critical Criteria:
See the value of Nintendo DS tasks and figure out ways to motivate other Nintendo DS users.
– To what extent does management recognize Blue Ocean Strategy as a tool to increase the results?
– Is there any existing Blue Ocean Strategy governance structure?
Pitney Bowes Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Pitney Bowes projects and raise human resource and employment practices for Pitney Bowes.
Renée Mauborgne Critical Criteria:
Consult on Renée Mauborgne risks and get out your magnifying glass.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Blue Ocean Strategy into the services that we provide?
– How do mission and objectives affect the Blue Ocean Strategy processes of our organization?
– How do we Identify specific Blue Ocean Strategy investment and emerging trends?
Six Sigma Critical Criteria:
Track Six Sigma projects and ask questions.
– What process management and improvement tools are we using PDSA/PDCA, ISO 9000, Lean, Balanced Scorecard, Six Sigma, something else?
– How is lean six sigma different from TOGAF architecture?
– How can skill-level changes improve Blue Ocean Strategy?
Southwest Airlines Critical Criteria:
Design Southwest Airlines tactics and oversee Southwest Airlines management by competencies.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Blue Ocean Strategy, including any consulting or professional services?
Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide failures and summarize a clear Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide focus.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Blue Ocean Strategy models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Blue Ocean Strategy requirements in detail?
– What business benefits will Blue Ocean Strategy goals deliver if achieved?
TATA Motors Critical Criteria:
Dissect TATA Motors governance and assess what counts with TATA Motors that we are not counting.
– What are the short and long-term Blue Ocean Strategy goals?
– What is our formula for success in Blue Ocean Strategy ?
– What will drive Blue Ocean Strategy change?
Tata Nano Critical Criteria:
Detail Tata Nano issues and use obstacles to break out of ruts.
– How can you negotiate Blue Ocean Strategy successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– How do we measure improved Blue Ocean Strategy service perception, and satisfaction?
Thinking Strategically Critical Criteria:
Incorporate Thinking Strategically visions and gather Thinking Strategically models .
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Blue Ocean Strategy with what users do day-to-day?
Touch screen Critical Criteria:
Think about Touch screen visions and question.
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Blue Ocean Strategy process?
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Blue Ocean Strategy ?
W. Chan Kim Critical Criteria:
Exchange ideas about W. Chan Kim management and plan concise W. Chan Kim education.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Blue Ocean Strategy agendas for the next 3 years?
– Are we Assessing Blue Ocean Strategy and Risk?
Zero-sum game Critical Criteria:
Systematize Zero-sum game results and describe which business rules are needed as Zero-sum game interface.
– How can the value of Blue Ocean Strategy be defined?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Blue Ocean Strategy Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Blue Ocean Strategy External links:
Blue Ocean Strategy: 5 Proven Steps – The Innovative Manager
Blue Ocean Strategy (@BlueOceanStrtgy) | Twitter
Blue Ocean Strategy – Home | Facebook
Brand management External links:
IDEATION | Creative Brand Management
RepEquity® | Digital Brand Management, Search …
Reeder Brand Management
Business Management External links:
Business Management – Bureau of Labor Statistics
What is BUSINESS MANAGEMENT – The Law Dictionary
Online Business Management Degree Programs | Herzing
C.K. Prahalad External links:
Remembering C.K. Prahalad – fastcompany.com
Cirque du Soleil External links:
Michael Jackson ONE by Cirque du Soleil – Mandalay Bay
Las Vegas Cirque du Soleil Show Tickets, Deals and …
Cirque du Soleil – Official Site
Consumer behaviour External links:
CSR and Consumer Behaviour | QuestionPro Survey
Chapter 4: Consumer Behaviour Flashcards | Quizlet
Psychology of Consumer Behaviour – YouTube
Control group External links:
The Control Group Blog
Bird Control Group: Repelling birds with a laser beam is inspired by nature. Birds perceive the approaching laser beam as a physical object.
http://Quality Assurance/Quality Control Group – TN.Gov
Bird Control Group Prevents conflicts between humans & …
Curves International External links:
Curves International | Curves.com
Deductive reasoning External links:
Inductive & Deductive Reasoning Flashcards | Quizlet
What is deductive reasoning? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Reading Comprehension/Deductive Reasoning Sample …
Des Dearlove External links:
Des Dearlove | Open Library
Author Page for Des Dearlove :: SSRN
Disruptive innovation External links:
Disruptive Innovation – YouTube
Digital Innovation | Disruptive Innovation | Insight
The Explainer: Disruptive Innovation – YouTube
Economics of Strategy External links:
Economics of Strategy Flashcards | Quizlet
Economics of Strategy by David Besanko – Goodreads
Funky Business External links:
Funky Business entertainment & event
Funky Business Forever – Home | Facebook
Handheld game system External links:
Nintendo 2DS Handheld Game System 2-DS | ksl.com
5 inch Raspberry Pi Gear: Retro Handheld game system …
Nintendo Announces New 2DS XL Handheld Game System – TIME
Home Depot External links:
The Home Depot | Built From Scratch
Home Depot Health Challenge
The Home Depot – Official Site
Library of Congress Classification External links:
The Library of Congress Classification System (LC)
[PDF]Library of Congress Classification Guide
Library of Congress Classification
Market segmentation External links:
Market segmentation (Book, 1972) [WorldCat.org]
Title | Market Segmentation | Market (Economics)
Examples of Market Segmentation | Chron.com
Niche market External links:
Sell Niches – Niche Market Research For Beginners
NicheAdNetwork.com | Niche Market Advertising Solutions.
Niche Market Specialist – The Travel Institute
Nintendo DS External links:
Nintendo DS – All Nintendo DS Accessories and Games | GameStop
Amazon.com: Nintendo DS
Chrono Trigger for Nintendo DS | GameStop
Pitney Bowes External links:
Careers at Pitney Bowes
BenefitConnect – Pitney Bowes
EngageOne Video, Interactive Video | Pitney Bowes
Six Sigma External links:
iSixSigma: Six Sigma Resources for Six Sigma Quality
[PPT]Six Sigma What is Six Sigma? – CSUN
Southwest Airlines External links:
Southwest Airlines – Official Site
Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Shopping: Shop …
Southwest Airlines – SWABIZ
Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide External links:
Pepper v. Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide LLC
Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide, Stamford, CT …
TATA Motors External links:
Welcome to TATA Motors Value Chain Management
Tata Motors Ltd – TTM – Stock Price Today – Zacks
Tata Nano External links:
Das Billigste Auto der Welt – Tata Nano – [Doku/HD] – YouTube
SOLUTION: Case study tata nano – Studypool
2009 Tata Nano – Review – Car and Driver
Thinking Strategically External links:
Thinking strategically (Book, 1997) [WorldCat.org]
Thinking Strategically: The Competitive Edge in …
Human Resource Executive Online | Thinking Strategically
Touch screen External links:
HONNS – Luxury Touch Screen Gloves | Leather Gloves
Zero-sum game External links:
Definition of ZERO-SUM GAME – Merriam-Webster