What is involved in Crystal Reports
Find out what the related areas are that Crystal Reports connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Crystal Reports thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Crystal Reports journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Crystal Reports leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Crystal Reports related domains to cover and 117 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Crystal Reports, Adaptive Server Enterprise, Application programming interface, Business Objects, Business intelligence, For Dummies, Geographic information system, Holistic Systems, IBM DB2, List & Label, Lotus Notes, McGraw-Hill Osborne Media, McGraw-Hill Professional, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Exchange Server, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Visual Studio, Novell GroupWise, OLE DB, Operating system, Oracle Database, Original Equipment Manufacturer, Reporting software, SAP ERP, SAP SE, SQL Server Reporting Services, Seagate Software, Seagate Technology, Software categories, Software developer, Software license, Text file, Visual Studio:
Crystal Reports Critical Criteria:
Troubleshoot Crystal Reports management and oversee implementation of Crystal Reports.
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Crystal Reports activities?
– What business benefits will Crystal Reports goals deliver if achieved?
– Are there recognized Crystal Reports problems?
Adaptive Server Enterprise Critical Criteria:
Study Adaptive Server Enterprise quality and pioneer acquisition of Adaptive Server Enterprise systems.
– Is there a Crystal Reports Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Crystal Reports objectives?
– How is the value delivered by Crystal Reports being measured?
Application programming interface Critical Criteria:
Scan Application programming interface goals and change contexts.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Crystal Reports strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Crystal Reports process?
– Who needs to know about Crystal Reports ?
Business Objects Critical Criteria:
Chart Business Objects leadership and tour deciding if Business Objects progress is made.
– How does Tableau stack up against the traditional BI software like Microstrategy or Business Objects?
– To what extent does management recognize Crystal Reports as a tool to increase the results?
– How important is Crystal Reports to the user organizations mission?
– What about Crystal Reports Analysis of results?
Business intelligence Critical Criteria:
Investigate Business intelligence management and look at it backwards.
– What is the importance of knowing the key performance indicators KPIs for a business process when trying to implement a business intelligence system?
– Does your BI solution create a strong partnership with IT to ensure that data, whether from extracts or live connections, is 100-percent accurate?
– what is the most effective tool for Statistical Analysis Business Analytics and Business Intelligence?
– Does your software facilitate the setting of thresholds and provide alerts to users?
– What is the difference between business intelligence and business analytics?
– Who prioritizes, conducts and monitors business intelligence projects?
– Is data warehouseing necessary for our business intelligence service?
– Describe the process of data transformation required by your system?
– Can your bi solution quickly locate dashboard on your mobile device?
– How is Business Intelligence and Information Management related?
– What are the top trends in the business intelligence space?
– No single business unit responsible for enterprise data?
– Can Business Intelligence BI meet business expectations?
– What would true business intelligence look like?
– How will marketing change in the next 10 years?
– How is Business Intelligence related to CRM?
– What is your expect product life cycle?
– Do you offer formal user training?
– What is your products direction?
– How are you going to manage?
For Dummies Critical Criteria:
Sort For Dummies risks and attract For Dummies skills.
– Is Crystal Reports dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Crystal Reports?
Geographic information system Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Geographic information system tactics and proactively manage Geographic information system risks.
– How do we measure improved Crystal Reports service perception, and satisfaction?
– How do we know that any Crystal Reports analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– Is the scope of Crystal Reports defined?
Holistic Systems Critical Criteria:
Think about Holistic Systems engagements and revise understanding of Holistic Systems architectures.
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Crystal Reports project manager?
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Crystal Reports study?
– What are the short and long-term Crystal Reports goals?
IBM DB2 Critical Criteria:
Powwow over IBM DB2 projects and intervene in IBM DB2 processes and leadership.
– Which customers cant participate in our Crystal Reports domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– Think of your Crystal Reports project. what are the main functions?
List & Label Critical Criteria:
Coach on List & Label results and gather List & Label models .
– How can you negotiate Crystal Reports successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Crystal Reports processes?
Lotus Notes Critical Criteria:
Jump start Lotus Notes quality and devise Lotus Notes key steps.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Crystal Reports project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
McGraw-Hill Osborne Media Critical Criteria:
Confer re McGraw-Hill Osborne Media planning and describe the risks of McGraw-Hill Osborne Media sustainability.
– In what ways are Crystal Reports vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– Does Crystal Reports analysis show the relationships among important Crystal Reports factors?
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Crystal Reports process?
McGraw-Hill Professional Critical Criteria:
Interpolate McGraw-Hill Professional strategies and plan concise McGraw-Hill Professional education.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Crystal Reports product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– What are current Crystal Reports Paradigms?
Microsoft Access Critical Criteria:
Prioritize Microsoft Access issues and slay a dragon.
– what is the best design framework for Crystal Reports organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
Microsoft Excel Critical Criteria:
Focus on Microsoft Excel management and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Microsoft Excel projects.
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Crystal Reports ?
– Does the Crystal Reports task fit the clients priorities?
– Have all basic functions of Crystal Reports been defined?
Microsoft Exchange Server Critical Criteria:
Mix Microsoft Exchange Server strategies and oversee Microsoft Exchange Server requirements.
– Among the Crystal Reports product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
Microsoft SQL Server Critical Criteria:
Study Microsoft SQL Server decisions and maintain Microsoft SQL Server for success.
– Have you identified your Crystal Reports key performance indicators?
– Can Microsoft SQL Server Express be contacted?
Microsoft Visual Studio Critical Criteria:
Deliberate Microsoft Visual Studio decisions and simulate teachings and consultations on quality process improvement of Microsoft Visual Studio.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Crystal Reports in a volatile global economy?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Crystal Reports?
– Do we have past Crystal Reports Successes?
Novell GroupWise Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Novell GroupWise outcomes and revise understanding of Novell GroupWise architectures.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Crystal Reports information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– Are accountability and ownership for Crystal Reports clearly defined?
– What are the long-term Crystal Reports goals?
OLE DB Critical Criteria:
Set goals for OLE DB decisions and budget for OLE DB challenges.
– How will you know that the Crystal Reports project has been successful?
– What are internal and external Crystal Reports relations?
– Is Crystal Reports Required?
Operating system Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Operating system failures and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging Operating system.
– If the firewall runs on an individual host for which all users are not trusted system administrators, how vulnerable is it to tampering by a user logged into the operating system running on the protected hosts?
– In a virtualized data center, guest operating system kernels were modified to eliminate the need for binary translation. which compute virtualization technique was used?
– What should an organization consider before migrating its applications and operating system to the public cloud to prevent vendor lock-in?
– What operating systems are used for student computers, devices, laptops, etc.?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Crystal Reports activities?
– What operating system does your computer use?
– Is unauthorized access to operating systems prevented?
Oracle Database Critical Criteria:
Drive Oracle Database issues and overcome Oracle Database skills and management ineffectiveness.
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Crystal Reports agendas for the next 3 years?
– How to Secure Crystal Reports?
Original Equipment Manufacturer Critical Criteria:
Derive from Original Equipment Manufacturer leadership and be persistent.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Crystal Reports?
– Does Crystal Reports systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Crystal Reports effort?
Reporting software Critical Criteria:
Mine Reporting software visions and look in other fields.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Crystal Reports models, tools and techniques are necessary?
SAP ERP Critical Criteria:
Powwow over SAP ERP projects and spearhead techniques for implementing SAP ERP.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Crystal Reports? There might be some that are less obvious?
– Are we Assessing Crystal Reports and Risk?
– R/3 Enterprise or MySAP ERP ?
SAP SE Critical Criteria:
Incorporate SAP SE quality and catalog what business benefits will SAP SE goals deliver if achieved.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Crystal Reports objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Crystal Reports?
– Which Crystal Reports goals are the most important?
SQL Server Reporting Services Critical Criteria:
Model after SQL Server Reporting Services goals and get going.
– Consider your own Crystal Reports project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– Will Crystal Reports have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
Seagate Software Critical Criteria:
Refer to Seagate Software leadership and create Seagate Software explanations for all managers.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Crystal Reports process?
– What are our needs in relation to Crystal Reports skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
Seagate Technology Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Seagate Technology governance and track iterative Seagate Technology results.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Crystal Reports. How do we gain traction?
Software categories Critical Criteria:
Survey Software categories projects and handle a jump-start course to Software categories.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Crystal Reports, including any consulting or professional services?
– What are the business goals Crystal Reports is aiming to achieve?
Software developer Critical Criteria:
Jump start Software developer strategies and don’t overlook the obvious.
– Pick an experienced Unix software developer, show him all the algorithms and ask him which one he likes the best?
– How do we manage Crystal Reports Knowledge Management (KM)?
Software license Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Software license quality and mentor Software license customer orientation.
– What implementation technologies/resources (e.g., programming languages, development platforms, software licenses) does the provider support?
– When a Crystal Reports manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– Is our software usage in compliance with software license agreements?
Text file Critical Criteria:
X-ray Text file tasks and grade techniques for implementing Text file controls.
Visual Studio Critical Criteria:
Pilot Visual Studio outcomes and report on setting up Visual Studio without losing ground.
– How do we Identify specific Crystal Reports investment and emerging trends?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Crystal Reports Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Crystal Reports External links:
Topic: Changing the Report Title – Crystal Reports
Business Objects External links:
[PDF]Quick Reference Card – Business Objects Change …
business objects jobs | Dice.com
Title Business Objects Developer Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Business intelligence External links:
business intelligence jobs | Dice.com
List of Business Intelligence Skills – The Balance
For Dummies External links:
Real Estate for Dummies! | Wallingford Realty Inc
# Diabetestor Title ★★★ Diabetes For Dummies Online
All Titles – For Dummies
Geographic information system External links:
Geographic Information System (GIS) | City of …
Bentonville – Geographic Information System
PolicyMap – GIS Mapping and Geographic Information System …
Holistic Systems External links:
Holistic Systems, Mary Meyer – Wellness Advocate – …
IBM DB2 External links:
IBM DB2 | FileMaker Community
ibm db2 dba jobs | Dice.com
[PDF]Ibm Db2 Reference Manual – colacao.store
Lotus Notes External links:
[PDF]A Beginner s Guide to Lotus Notes – mason.gmu.edu …
[PDF]Lotus Notes Demo – Topaz Systems
McGraw-Hill Osborne Media External links:
McGraw-Hill Osborne Media eBooks | eBookPilot
Publisher: McGraw-Hill Osborne Media | Open Library
McGraw-Hill Professional External links:
Microsoft Access External links:
How To Connect an HTML Page to a Microsoft Access Database
How to create a running totals query in Microsoft Access
Microsoft Excel External links:
Microsoft Excel Online – Work together on Excel …
Microsoft Exchange Server External links:
Microsoft Exchange Server 2016 for Business
Download Microsoft Exchange Server Error Code Look …
Novell GroupWise External links:
2954214: Novell GroupWise System Security
OLE DB External links:
FIX: Error message when you use an OLE DB Provider for …
oledb – what is the difference between OLE DB and …
OLE DB Provider for Jet – technet.microsoft.com
Operating system External links:
Find Out Which Operating System Is on My Computer …
Which Windows operating system am I running? – …
Operating System and Browser warning
Oracle Database External links:
Oracle Database | Integrigy
FREE download Oracle Database Tables – WinSite
Oracle Database Upgrade Guide, 12c Release 2 (12.2)
Original Equipment Manufacturer External links:
Original Equipment Manufacturer – OEM – Investopedia
Download Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) …
Reporting software External links:
Easy Expense Reporting Software | ExpenseBot
RepAgencyWorks Court Reporting Software
RegTek Solutions – Trade Reporting Software Solutions
SAP SE External links:
SAP SE: ETR:SAP quotes & news – Google Finance
SAP SE (ADR): NYSE:SAP quotes & news – Google Finance
Sap Se – SAP – Stock Price Today – Zacks
SQL Server Reporting Services External links:
SQL Server Reporting Services – technet.microsoft.com
SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) Tutorial
SQL Server Reporting Services Playbook | Pluralsight
Seagate Technology External links:
Seagate Technology Plc – STX – Stock Price Today – Zacks
Software categories External links:
B2B Software Categories – Financesonline.com
Software developer External links:
Title Software Developer Vs Engineer
[PDF]Job Description for Software Developer. Title: …
Title Software Developer Jobs, Employment | Indeed.com
Software license External links:
Autodesk Software License Review Portal :: Welcome
Software License Compliance Solutions by ITCA
Microsoft Software License Terms: Microsoft Dynamics …
Text file External links:
TEXT File – What is it and how do I open it?
c# – How to read text file between “” – Stack Overflow
How to create a text file list of the contents of a folder
Visual Studio External links:
Customize Visual Studio Window Title – VS Extension – …