What is involved in FaaS
Find out what the related areas are that FaaS connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a FaaS thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its FaaS journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward FaaS leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which FaaS related domains to cover and 132 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
FaaS, Hardware virtualization, Apache Software Foundation, Computing platform, HPE Helion, Cloud Foundry, Apache CloudStack, Google App Engine, Cloud computing security, HP Cloud, Cloud computing, Infrastructure as a service, Serverless Framework, Google Cloud Platform, Amazon Web Services, Virtual Private Cloud OnDemand, Zadara Storage, Microsoft Azure, Comparison of structured storage software, Platform as a service, Microsoft Online Services, Zoho Corporation, Computer network, SAP Cloud Platform, Virtual private cloud, FaaS, EMC Atmos, Cloud database, Software as a service, Data center, Virtual Machine Manager, Distributed file system for cloud, Rackspace Cloud, Web API, Serverless computing, Inktank Storage, AWS Lambda, FUJITSU Cloud IaaS Trusted Public S5, Abiquo Enterprise Edition, EXo Platform, IBM cloud computing, Oracle Cloud Platform, Virtual appliance:
FaaS Critical Criteria:
Analyze FaaS management and probe the present value of growth of FaaS.
– How do we ensure that implementations of FaaS products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– When a FaaS manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
– Is Supporting FaaS documentation required?
Hardware virtualization Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re Hardware virtualization results and track iterative Hardware virtualization results.
– How do we go about Comparing FaaS approaches/solutions?
– How will you measure your FaaS effectiveness?
Apache Software Foundation Critical Criteria:
Scan Apache Software Foundation projects and find out.
– What are our needs in relation to FaaS skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– Which FaaS goals are the most important?
Computing platform Critical Criteria:
Group Computing platform adoptions and pioneer acquisition of Computing platform systems.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether FaaS goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the FaaS process?
– How do mission and objectives affect the FaaS processes of our organization?
HPE Helion Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about HPE Helion projects and finalize the present value of growth of HPE Helion.
– Who sets the FaaS standards?
Cloud Foundry Critical Criteria:
Study Cloud Foundry quality and check on ways to get started with Cloud Foundry.
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if FaaS does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
– What are current FaaS Paradigms?
Apache CloudStack Critical Criteria:
Accommodate Apache CloudStack leadership and explore and align the progress in Apache CloudStack.
– How is the value delivered by FaaS being measured?
– Who needs to know about FaaS ?
Google App Engine Critical Criteria:
Group Google App Engine strategies and forecast involvement of future Google App Engine projects in development.
– Do we all define FaaS in the same way?
– How to Secure FaaS?
– Is FaaS Required?
Cloud computing security Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Cloud computing security tasks and catalog what business benefits will Cloud computing security goals deliver if achieved.
– In what ways are FaaS vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom FaaS project?
– Think of your FaaS project. what are the main functions?
– what is New About Cloud Computing Security?
HP Cloud Critical Criteria:
Devise HP Cloud governance and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive HP Cloud projects.
– What may be the consequences for the performance of an organization if all stakeholders are not consulted regarding FaaS?
– What are the disruptive FaaS technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– Are assumptions made in FaaS stated explicitly?
Cloud computing Critical Criteria:
Nurse Cloud computing quality and budget for Cloud computing challenges.
– Business Considerations. Business considerations include the overall organizational readiness for using cloud computing. Is the application owner willing and comfortable with a cloud platform?
– The lack of research tools is unfortunate given that even the most fundamental questions are still unanswered: what is the right distributed architecture for a cloudcomputing system?
– Which cloud computing characteristic enables consumers to get computing resources without any human intervention?
– How will technology advancements in soa, virtualization and cloud computing further and enable saas adoption?
– There are issues relating to policy and access. if your data is stored abroad whose policy do you adhere to?
– How do you prove data provenance in a cloud computing scenario when you are using shared resources?
– What is the future scope for combination of Business Intelligence and Cloud Computing?
– What new opportunities are either enabled by or potential drivers of cloud computing?
– What challenges and opportunities does cloud computing present for IT Service Management ?
– How can cloud stakeholders ensure and promote the security of Cloud computing?
– Is there any application left that does not talk to at least one of its fellows?
– What are some cost cutting strategies for controlling cloud computing costs?
– Is cloud computing affecting traditional hardware vendors?
– Networks that are flexible, well-performing, and secure?
– What are the security concerns with cloud computing?
– Is there any existing FaaS governance structure?
– What are reasons to say no to cloud computing?
– Defining terms: what is a cloud platform?
– Cloud computing: could it cost more?
– Fedramp approved / compliant?
Infrastructure as a service Critical Criteria:
Shape Infrastructure as a service management and point out improvements in Infrastructure as a service.
– Do FaaS rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
– What are the short and long-term FaaS goals?
Serverless Framework Critical Criteria:
Consult on Serverless Framework adoptions and shift your focus.
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting FaaS with what users do day-to-day?
– What are our FaaS Processes?
Google Cloud Platform Critical Criteria:
Match Google Cloud Platform visions and cater for concise Google Cloud Platform education.
– Will FaaS deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
– Are accountability and ownership for FaaS clearly defined?
– How do we maintain FaaSs Integrity?
Amazon Web Services Critical Criteria:
Mix Amazon Web Services management and question.
– What is the best strategy going forward for data center disaster recovery?
– Amazon web services is which type of cloud computing distribution model?
Virtual Private Cloud OnDemand Critical Criteria:
Think about Virtual Private Cloud OnDemand strategies and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Virtual Private Cloud OnDemand projects.
– Think about the people you identified for your FaaS project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these FaaS processes?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the FaaS requirements in detail?
Zadara Storage Critical Criteria:
X-ray Zadara Storage visions and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Zadara Storage projects.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the FaaS process?
– What are internal and external FaaS relations?
Microsoft Azure Critical Criteria:
Adapt Microsoft Azure decisions and frame using storytelling to create more compelling Microsoft Azure projects.
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your FaaS activities?
– Does the FaaS task fit the clients priorities?
– Why should we adopt a FaaS framework?
Comparison of structured storage software Critical Criteria:
Give examples of Comparison of structured storage software management and look for lots of ideas.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your FaaS project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing FaaS?
Platform as a service Critical Criteria:
Group Platform as a service projects and integrate design thinking in Platform as a service innovation.
– Are there recognized FaaS problems?
– What is Effective FaaS?
Microsoft Online Services Critical Criteria:
Drive Microsoft Online Services governance and forecast involvement of future Microsoft Online Services projects in development.
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as FaaS leaders?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of FaaS activities?
– What are the barriers to increased FaaS production?
Zoho Corporation Critical Criteria:
Drive Zoho Corporation failures and optimize Zoho Corporation leadership as a key to advancement.
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of FaaS that make it risky?
– Is FaaS Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
– How do we Identify specific FaaS investment and emerging trends?
Computer network Critical Criteria:
Frame Computer network governance and interpret which customers can’t participate in Computer network because they lack skills.
– Is the illegal entry into a private computer network a crime in your country?
– What vendors make products that address the FaaS needs?
– What is our formula for success in FaaS ?
– What are specific FaaS Rules to follow?
SAP Cloud Platform Critical Criteria:
Probe SAP Cloud Platform quality and separate what are the business goals SAP Cloud Platform is aiming to achieve.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once FaaS is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– In a project to restructure FaaS outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
Virtual private cloud Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about Virtual private cloud visions and optimize Virtual private cloud leadership as a key to advancement.
– Think about the functions involved in your FaaS project. what processes flow from these functions?
– How can the value of FaaS be defined?
– How do we Lead with FaaS in Mind?
FaaS Critical Criteria:
Consolidate FaaS outcomes and arbitrate FaaS techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a FaaS process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the FaaS process available?
EMC Atmos Critical Criteria:
Deliberate EMC Atmos quality and sort EMC Atmos activities.
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a FaaS project?
Cloud database Critical Criteria:
Investigate Cloud database visions and proactively manage Cloud database risks.
– What are your most important goals for the strategic FaaS objectives?
Software as a service Critical Criteria:
Brainstorm over Software as a service tasks and create Software as a service explanations for all managers.
– Why are Service Level Agreements a dying breed in the software as a service industry?
Data center Critical Criteria:
Test Data center planning and finalize the present value of growth of Data center.
– Fog Computing is internet computing where the devices responsible for the computing surround us. Instead of having a data center where all of the processing and storage occurs, fog computing would allow us to bring the devices closer to us and these devices would be responsible for their own processing and storage. So how does this concept help us deal with the problems created by the IoT, and what benefits would this provide us that upgrading the cloud infrastructure couldnt?
– Are we a listed company, if so ask ourselves this: Disaster recovery planning, or its lack, will affect a companys equity position. why buy stock in a company that will disappear should the data center go down?
– An administrator of a virtualized data center is particularly concerned about nic failure. what should the administrator configure to address this concern?
– Determine if the data center has Service Level Agreements with the clients it serves. if so, do they measure themselves for compliance with the agreement?
– What are the specific security and integrity threats to cloud computing storage systems that do not exist in private data centers?
– Does the cloud solution offer equal or greater data security capabilities than those provided by your organizations data center?
– Do operating procedures require systems to undergo a security/vulnerability scan before being placed into production?
– Which report should an administrator use to know both historic and current utilization of storage in a data center?
– Which data center management activity involves eliminating single points of failure to ensure business continuity?
– Which applications are best suited for the internal data center, and which ones make sense for the public cloud?
– What is a benefit of automated site failover capability in a data center environment?
– Is stuff in the cloud on the same legal footing as stuff in your data center?
– How many and where are located the providers data centers?
– How do you prepare your data center for Cloud?
Virtual Machine Manager Critical Criteria:
Reorganize Virtual Machine Manager failures and shift your focus.
– How do we keep improving FaaS?
Distributed file system for cloud Critical Criteria:
Have a meeting on Distributed file system for cloud goals and gather practices for scaling Distributed file system for cloud.
– What are your key performance measures or indicators and in-process measures for the control and improvement of your FaaS processes?
– How to deal with FaaS Changes?
Rackspace Cloud Critical Criteria:
Merge Rackspace Cloud outcomes and balance specific methods for improving Rackspace Cloud results.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about FaaS. How do we gain traction?
– What is the name of the rackspace cloud service?
Web API Critical Criteria:
Coach on Web API leadership and triple focus on important concepts of Web API relationship management.
– What are your results for key measures or indicators of the accomplishment of your FaaS strategy and action plans, including building and strengthening core competencies?
– Where do ideas that reach policy makers and planners as proposals for FaaS strengthening and reform actually originate?
– How important is FaaS to the user organizations mission?
Serverless computing Critical Criteria:
Investigate Serverless computing adoptions and stake your claim.
– Does FaaS include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– How do we manage FaaS Knowledge Management (KM)?
Inktank Storage Critical Criteria:
Systematize Inktank Storage projects and handle a jump-start course to Inktank Storage.
– What management system can we use to leverage the FaaS experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– How do we measure improved FaaS service perception, and satisfaction?
– What potential environmental factors impact the FaaS effort?
AWS Lambda Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with AWS Lambda tasks and check on ways to get started with AWS Lambda.
– Do the FaaS decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– Is the scope of FaaS defined?
FUJITSU Cloud IaaS Trusted Public S5 Critical Criteria:
Discourse FUJITSU Cloud IaaS Trusted Public S5 leadership and observe effective FUJITSU Cloud IaaS Trusted Public S5.
– Does FaaS create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
Abiquo Enterprise Edition Critical Criteria:
Do a round table on Abiquo Enterprise Edition leadership and question.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new FaaS in a volatile global economy?
– How can we improve FaaS?
EXo Platform Critical Criteria:
Jump start EXo Platform projects and explore and align the progress in EXo Platform.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a FaaS strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
IBM cloud computing Critical Criteria:
Categorize IBM cloud computing planning and clarify ways to gain access to competitive IBM cloud computing services.
– Does FaaS appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Oracle Cloud Platform Critical Criteria:
Wrangle Oracle Cloud Platform projects and correct Oracle Cloud Platform management by competencies.
Virtual appliance Critical Criteria:
Drive Virtual appliance governance and correct Virtual appliance management by competencies.
– How do we Improve FaaS service perception, and satisfaction?
– What are the long-term FaaS goals?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the FaaS Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
FaaS External links:
FaaS-Lane (@FaasLane) | Twitter
[PDF]FAAs Center of Excellence for Unmanned Aircraft …
Ellis Faas – Luxury Cosmetics | Dermstore
Apache Software Foundation External links:
The Apache Software Foundation · GitHub
LanguageManual DML – Apache Hive – Apache Software Foundation
LanguageManual UDF – Apache Hive – Apache Software Foundation
Computing platform External links:
Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing Platform & Services
DeepBrainChain: Decentralized AI Computing Platform
MCP50 | Mobile Computing Platform | USA Fleet Solutions
HPE Helion External links:
Login – HPE Helion OpenStack
HPE Helion – on.hp.com
Cloud Foundry External links:
Cloud Foundry (eBook, 2016) [WorldCat.org]
[PDF]Cloud Foundry Architecture Presentation – Allan Tokuda
Get this from a library! Cloud Foundry. [Duncan Winn C E]
http://docs-cloudfoundry-concepts/overview.html.md.erb at …
Apache CloudStack External links:
Apache CloudStack (@CloudStack) | Twitter
60 Recipes for Apache CloudStack – O’Reilly Media
GitHub – apache/cloudstack: Mirror of Apache Cloudstack
Google App Engine External links:
Google App Engine Documentation – Google Cloud Platform
Google App Engine – Download
Cloud computing security External links:
Section 24. Cloud Computing Security Policy
DoD Cloud Computing Security Requirements Guide …
Cloud Computing Security – Google Cloud
HP Cloud External links:
Using HP Cloud Recovery Client – YouTube
An introduction to the HP Cloud – TechRepublic
hp cloud matrix – Staples Inc.
Cloud computing External links:
Microsoft Azure Cloud Computing Platform & Services
AWS Cloud Computing Certification Program – aws.amazon.com
Infrastructure as a service External links:
What is IaaS? Infrastructure as a Service | Microsoft Azure
Cloud-Based Infrastructure as a Service Comes to …
Serverless Framework External links:
Serverless Framework Documentation
Core concepts (Serverless framework tutorial, #3) – YouTube
Serverless Framework – Build applications on AWS …
Google Cloud Platform External links:
Google Cloud Platform
See 7 real customers reviews & our expert’s opinion of Google Cloud Platform before signing up and learn why they are ranked 360th out of 4048 web hosting companies
Google Cloud Platform – Google Developers Console
Amazon Web Services External links:
AWS re:Invent 2017 | Amazon Web Services
Amazon Web Services Sign-In
Amazon Web Services – Official Site
Virtual Private Cloud OnDemand External links:
VMware vCloud Air Virtual Private Cloud OnDemand | …
Zadara Storage External links:
Zadara Storage Cube – 18TB block and file storage
Zadara Storage – Home | Facebook
Zadara Storage Cube – 1.6TB SSD block and file storage
Microsoft Azure External links:
Microsoft Azure Pass
Microsoft Azure Machine Learning Studio
Platform as a service External links:
What is PaaS (Platform as a Service)? – GENBAND
Captain Up :: Engagement Platform as a Service
Fully Managed Big Data Platform as a Service | Cazena
Microsoft Online Services External links:
Microsoft Online Services Advisor – partner.microsoft.com
Microsoft Online Services
Zoho Corporation External links:
Submit a Request – Zoho Corporation
Computer network External links:
Technical Support | Computer Repair | Computer Network
How to find my computer network name – Mil Incorporated
SAP Cloud Platform External links:
SAP Cloud Platform Integration
Virtual private cloud External links:
Virtual Network – Virtual Private Cloud | Microsoft Azure
Private Cloud Hosting Services – Virtual Private Cloud
Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) | Google Cloud Platform
FaaS External links:
FaaS-Lane (@FaasLane) | Twitter
[PDF]FAAs Center of Excellence for Unmanned Aircraft …
Ellis Faas – Luxury Cosmetics | Dermstore
EMC Atmos External links:
[PDF]EMC ATMOS CLOUD STORAGE
List of EMC Atmos language specific bindings – DECN
[PDF]EMC Atmos Installable File System (IFS) Installation …
Cloud database External links:
MongoDB Cloud Database Solutions | MongoDB
SQL Database – Cloud Database as a Service | Microsoft …
Software as a service External links:
What is Software as a Service (SaaS) – Salesforce.com
Enterprise Gamification Software as a Service Platform
What is SaaS? Software as a Service | Microsoft Azure
Data center External links:
App Development, Data Center Solutions, Salesforce & IT
DVL Group: Mission Critical Data Center Power and …
Lenovo Official US Site | Computers, Smartphones, Data Center
Virtual Machine Manager External links:
Virtual Machine Manager – technet.microsoft.com
Distributed file system for cloud External links:
Distributed file system for cloud – wireless-toolkit.com
MeshFS: A distributed file system for cloud-based …
Rackspace Cloud External links:
Rackspace Cloud Images API v2.0 – Rackspace Developer …
Web API External links:
ASP.NET Web API | The ASP.NET Site
Navionics Web API v2 – LAKE OF THE WOODS
ASP.NET Web API
Serverless computing External links:
What is Serverless Computing? | Cloud Computing – Quora
Serverless Computing – Amazon Web Services
Serverless Computing | Microsoft Azure
Inktank Storage External links:
Peter Trepp v. Inktank Storage, Inc. et al – Law360
AWS Lambda External links:
How to Create Your First Python 3.6 AWS Lambda …
AWS Lambda – Pricing
Serverless Framework – AWS Lambda Guide – Credentials
FUJITSU Cloud IaaS Trusted Public S5 External links:
Fujitsu Cloud IaaS Trusted Public S5 – Fujitsu United States
Fujitsu Cloud IaaS Trusted Public S5 – YouTube
Abiquo Enterprise Edition External links:
Abiquo Enterprise Edition – revolvy.com
https://www.revolvy.com/topic/Abiquo Enterprise Edition
Abiquo Enterprise Edition – WOW.com
EXo Platform External links:
eXo Platform – Home | Facebook
eXo Platform Editions and Pricing
eXo Platform, San Francisco, CA. 96K likes. The Open Source Enterprise Social Platform – https://www.exoplatform.com
Oracle Cloud Platform External links:
Oracle Cloud Platform | PaaS (Platform as a Service) | Oracle
Oracle Cloud Platform – reddit
Virtual appliance External links:
Virtual Appliance – Netwrix
Virtual Appliance – FREE download Virtual Appliance
Virtual Appliances – FREE download Virtual Appliances