What is involved in Disruptive technology
Find out what the related areas are that Disruptive technology connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Disruptive technology thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Disruptive technology journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Disruptive technology leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Disruptive technology related domains to cover and 126 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Disruptive technology, Locus of control, Eastman Kodak, High technology, Traffic congestion, USB flash drive, Research Policy, Supersonic transport, High speed photography, Wire rope, High speed rail, The New Yorker, Sailing ship, Desktop publishing, Compact Disc, Business process reengineering, Journal of Product Innovation Management, Unit cost, Pace of innovation, Technology support net, LED display, Rail transport, Killer application, Western Union, Vertical integration, Peer-to-peer file sharing, Technology strategy, Creative destruction, Music industry, Personal computer, Paradigm shift, Fuel injection, ITunes Store, Computer printer, Video rental, Laser printer, Cathode ray tube, Phase-out of incandescent light bulbs, Electronic organ, Desktop computer, Seagate Technology, Market share, Shutter lag, Digital synthesizer, Horse-drawn vehicle, Hydraulic machinery, Profit margin, DVD by mail, Electric piano, Steel mill, Zip drive, Kenagy, John, Light-emitting diode, Disruptive innovation, Liquid crystal display, Technology readiness level:
Disruptive technology Critical Criteria:
Jump start Disruptive technology governance and pay attention to the small things.
– Do we cover the five essential competencies-Communication, Collaboration,Innovation, Adaptability, and Leadership that improve an organizations ability to leverage the new Disruptive technology in a volatile global economy?
– Are accountability and ownership for Disruptive technology clearly defined?
– Is this an acceptable application of a disruptive technology?
– What is Effective Disruptive technology?
Locus of control Critical Criteria:
Steer Locus of control failures and probe Locus of control strategic alliances.
– Who will be responsible for making the decisions to include or exclude requested changes once Disruptive technology is underway?
– Are we making progress? and are we making progress as Disruptive technology leaders?
– Where is the locus of control? Within a Centralized Authority or Decentralized Authority?
– Is Disruptive technology Required?
Eastman Kodak Critical Criteria:
Be responsible for Eastman Kodak quality and define what our big hairy audacious Eastman Kodak goal is.
– Record-keeping requirements flow from the records needed as inputs, outputs, controls and for transformation of a Disruptive technology process. ask yourself: are the records needed as inputs to the Disruptive technology process available?
– How do we ensure that implementations of Disruptive technology products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Disruptive technology that make it risky?
High technology Critical Criteria:
Systematize High technology goals and develop and take control of the High technology initiative.
– How do your measurements capture actionable Disruptive technology information for use in exceeding your customers expectations and securing your customers engagement?
– What are the top 3 things at the forefront of our Disruptive technology agendas for the next 3 years?
– Have the types of risks that may impact Disruptive technology been identified and analyzed?
Traffic congestion Critical Criteria:
Look at Traffic congestion issues and get going.
– What is our Disruptive technology Strategy?
USB flash drive Critical Criteria:
Differentiate USB flash drive goals and innovate what needs to be done with USB flash drive.
– Who are the people involved in developing and implementing Disruptive technology?
– What are the barriers to increased Disruptive technology production?
– What is our formula for success in Disruptive technology ?
Research Policy Critical Criteria:
Closely inspect Research Policy leadership and handle a jump-start course to Research Policy.
– Among the Disruptive technology product and service cost to be estimated, which is considered hardest to estimate?
– Which individuals, teams or departments will be involved in Disruptive technology?
Supersonic transport Critical Criteria:
Judge Supersonic transport strategies and research ways can we become the Supersonic transport company that would put us out of business.
– How do we Identify specific Disruptive technology investment and emerging trends?
– Who needs to know about Disruptive technology ?
High speed photography Critical Criteria:
Pay attention to High speed photography management and attract High speed photography skills.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Disruptive technology project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Disruptive technology project lifecycle?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Disruptive technology objectives?
– Is the scope of Disruptive technology defined?
Wire rope Critical Criteria:
Coach on Wire rope engagements and look at the big picture.
– Which customers cant participate in our Disruptive technology domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– Why is Disruptive technology important for you now?
High speed rail Critical Criteria:
Audit High speed rail governance and find out.
– What are the disruptive Disruptive technology technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– What is the source of the strategies for Disruptive technology strengthening and reform?
The New Yorker Critical Criteria:
Explore The New Yorker quality and maintain The New Yorker for success.
– What vendors make products that address the Disruptive technology needs?
– Are there recognized Disruptive technology problems?
Sailing ship Critical Criteria:
Conceptualize Sailing ship tasks and prioritize challenges of Sailing ship.
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Disruptive technology?
– How do we Improve Disruptive technology service perception, and satisfaction?
– How do we go about Securing Disruptive technology?
Desktop publishing Critical Criteria:
Study Desktop publishing planning and catalog Desktop publishing activities.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Disruptive technology project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– How do we know that any Disruptive technology analysis is complete and comprehensive?
Compact Disc Critical Criteria:
X-ray Compact Disc management and create Compact Disc explanations for all managers.
– Do Disruptive technology rules make a reasonable demand on a users capabilities?
Business process reengineering Critical Criteria:
Coach on Business process reengineering tasks and get out your magnifying glass.
– When conducting a business process reengineering study, what should we look for when trying to identify business processes to change?
– How do we measure improved Disruptive technology service perception, and satisfaction?
Journal of Product Innovation Management Critical Criteria:
Deliberate over Journal of Product Innovation Management tasks and report on the economics of relationships managing Journal of Product Innovation Management and constraints.
– Do the Disruptive technology decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
Unit cost Critical Criteria:
Boost Unit cost goals and give examples utilizing a core of simple Unit cost skills.
– At what point will vulnerability assessments be performed once Disruptive technology is put into production (e.g., ongoing Risk Management after implementation)?
– Does our organization need more Disruptive technology education?
– Does the company have lower unit costs than its competition?
Pace of innovation Critical Criteria:
Analyze Pace of innovation governance and balance specific methods for improving Pace of innovation results.
– what is the best design framework for Disruptive technology organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
– How do we manage Disruptive technology Knowledge Management (KM)?
– How can you measure Disruptive technology in a systematic way?
Technology support net Critical Criteria:
Guide Technology support net goals and explore and align the progress in Technology support net.
– How will you know that the Disruptive technology project has been successful?
– Is Supporting Disruptive technology documentation required?
LED display Critical Criteria:
Guide LED display tasks and cater for concise LED display education.
– What are the short and long-term Disruptive technology goals?
– How will you measure your Disruptive technology effectiveness?
– How can skill-level changes improve Disruptive technology?
Rail transport Critical Criteria:
Ventilate your thoughts about Rail transport management and tour deciding if Rail transport progress is made.
– In the case of a Disruptive technology project, the criteria for the audit derive from implementation objectives. an audit of a Disruptive technology project involves assessing whether the recommendations outlined for implementation have been met. in other words, can we track that any Disruptive technology project is implemented as planned, and is it working?
– What knowledge, skills and characteristics mark a good Disruptive technology project manager?
Killer application Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re Killer application tasks and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Killer application decisions.
– What potential environmental factors impact the Disruptive technology effort?
Western Union Critical Criteria:
Weigh in on Western Union tasks and separate what are the business goals Western Union is aiming to achieve.
Vertical integration Critical Criteria:
Read up on Vertical integration results and overcome Vertical integration skills and management ineffectiveness.
– Why is it important to have senior management support for a Disruptive technology project?
– Meeting the challenge: are missed Disruptive technology opportunities costing us money?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Disruptive technology Management?
Peer-to-peer file sharing Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap Peer-to-peer file sharing leadership and acquire concise Peer-to-peer file sharing education.
– Think about the people you identified for your Disruptive technology project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– Does the Disruptive technology task fit the clients priorities?
Technology strategy Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct Technology strategy strategies and look for lots of ideas.
Creative destruction Critical Criteria:
Powwow over Creative destruction projects and pay attention to the small things.
– Does Disruptive technology include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
Music industry Critical Criteria:
Transcribe Music industry decisions and research ways can we become the Music industry company that would put us out of business.
– What other jobs or tasks affect the performance of the steps in the Disruptive technology process?
– Is Disruptive technology dependent on the successful delivery of a current project?
Personal computer Critical Criteria:
Set goals for Personal computer risks and intervene in Personal computer processes and leadership.
– Is the Disruptive technology organization completing tasks effectively and efficiently?
– What tools and technologies are needed for a custom Disruptive technology project?
Paradigm shift Critical Criteria:
Start Paradigm shift tactics and assess and formulate effective operational and Paradigm shift strategies.
– Marketing budgets are tighter, consumers are more skeptical, and social media has changed forever the way we talk about Disruptive technology. How do we gain traction?
– How do mission and objectives affect the Disruptive technology processes of our organization?
Fuel injection Critical Criteria:
Judge Fuel injection decisions and intervene in Fuel injection processes and leadership.
– Are there any easy-to-implement alternatives to Disruptive technology? Sometimes other solutions are available that do not require the cost implications of a full-blown project?
ITunes Store Critical Criteria:
Sort ITunes Store tasks and stake your claim.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Disruptive technology strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
– Are assumptions made in Disruptive technology stated explicitly?
– Why are Disruptive technology skills important?
Computer printer Critical Criteria:
Concentrate on Computer printer quality and modify and define the unique characteristics of interactive Computer printer projects.
– For your Disruptive technology project, identify and describe the business environment. is there more than one layer to the business environment?
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Disruptive technology into the services that we provide?
Video rental Critical Criteria:
Examine Video rental adoptions and plan concise Video rental education.
– What other organizational variables, such as reward systems or communication systems, affect the performance of this Disruptive technology process?
Laser printer Critical Criteria:
Deliberate Laser printer tasks and differentiate in coordinating Laser printer.
– Can we add value to the current Disruptive technology decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– How much does Disruptive technology help?
Cathode ray tube Critical Criteria:
Transcribe Cathode ray tube planning and oversee Cathode ray tube management by competencies.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Disruptive technology experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
– What are the business goals Disruptive technology is aiming to achieve?
Phase-out of incandescent light bulbs Critical Criteria:
Mine Phase-out of incandescent light bulbs goals and integrate design thinking in Phase-out of incandescent light bulbs innovation.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Disruptive technology processes?
Electronic organ Critical Criteria:
Paraphrase Electronic organ planning and look for lots of ideas.
– What are the long-term Disruptive technology goals?
– Do we all define Disruptive technology in the same way?
Desktop computer Critical Criteria:
Consult on Desktop computer projects and devise Desktop computer key steps.
– Who will provide the final approval of Disruptive technology deliverables?
Seagate Technology Critical Criteria:
Match Seagate Technology visions and reinforce and communicate particularly sensitive Seagate Technology decisions.
– Is a Disruptive technology Team Work effort in place?
Market share Critical Criteria:
Chat re Market share tactics and adjust implementation of Market share.
– Are the calculated sales volumes realistic, taking into account the competitive position, realistic market share, importance of customer problem/pain and stage/maturity of customer needs?
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Disruptive technology forward?
– How do we maintain Disruptive technologys Integrity?
– What drives market share?
Shutter lag Critical Criteria:
Guide Shutter lag visions and handle a jump-start course to Shutter lag.
– Does Disruptive technology appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Digital synthesizer Critical Criteria:
Group Digital synthesizer governance and cater for concise Digital synthesizer education.
Horse-drawn vehicle Critical Criteria:
Audit Horse-drawn vehicle quality and achieve a single Horse-drawn vehicle view and bringing data together.
– Can we do Disruptive technology without complex (expensive) analysis?
Hydraulic machinery Critical Criteria:
Look at Hydraulic machinery results and define Hydraulic machinery competency-based leadership.
Profit margin Critical Criteria:
Air ideas re Profit margin tasks and find answers.
– How do you determine the key elements that affect Disruptive technology workforce satisfaction? how are these elements determined for different workforce groups and segments?
– How can we better deploy our employees to drive improved profit margins?
– Is the profit margin holding?
DVD by mail Critical Criteria:
Discuss DVD by mail planning and give examples utilizing a core of simple DVD by mail skills.
– What are our needs in relation to Disruptive technology skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– How important is Disruptive technology to the user organizations mission?
Electric piano Critical Criteria:
Learn from Electric piano strategies and look at it backwards.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Disruptive technology leader?
– How likely is the current Disruptive technology plan to come in on schedule or on budget?
– Do we monitor the Disruptive technology decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
Steel mill Critical Criteria:
Own Steel mill management and perfect Steel mill conflict management.
– Does Disruptive technology create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
Zip drive Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Zip drive governance and explain and analyze the challenges of Zip drive.
Kenagy, John Critical Criteria:
Debate over Kenagy, John issues and adjust implementation of Kenagy, John.
Light-emitting diode Critical Criteria:
Analyze Light-emitting diode visions and arbitrate Light-emitting diode techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
Disruptive innovation Critical Criteria:
Powwow over Disruptive innovation issues and oversee implementation of Disruptive innovation.
– What are the disruptive innovations in the middle-term that provide near-term domain leadership?
– Think of your Disruptive technology project. what are the main functions?
Liquid crystal display Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Liquid crystal display outcomes and define what our big hairy audacious Liquid crystal display goal is.
– What are the key elements of your Disruptive technology performance improvement system, including your evaluation, organizational learning, and innovation processes?
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Disruptive technology goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
Technology readiness level Critical Criteria:
Categorize Technology readiness level adoptions and don’t overlook the obvious.
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Disruptive technology? There might be some that are less obvious?
– What are specific Disruptive technology Rules to follow?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Disruptive technology Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Disruptive technology External links:
What is disruptive technology? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Keys to Embracing Disruptive Technology – …
Locus of control External links:
How to Develop an Internal Locus of Control – verywell.com
Locus of Control | Encyclopedia of Psychology
Locus of Control and Your Life – Verywell
Eastman Kodak External links:
Eastman Kodak Company, et al. – kccllc.net
Eastman Kodak (KODK) – The Wall Street Journal
Eastman Kodak Company (KODK) After Hours Trading – NASDAQ.com
High technology External links:
Cellreon – High Technology Stem Cell Based Skin Care …
Westrep CA – High Technology Manufacturer’s …
Council Leadership – Mass High Technology Council
Traffic congestion External links:
Proposed Traffic Congestion Management Plan Available …
Traffic Congestion Management Plan – Arches National …
USB flash drive External links:
Create a Bootable USB Flash Drive – technet.microsoft.com
Cruzer Glide USB Flash Drive – SanDisk
Formatting a USB Flash Drive to NTFS file system
Research Policy External links:
Research policy. (eJournal / eMagazine, 1972) …
[DOC]Research Policy Template – Seattle Children’s
Research Policy Form and Rate Filing Records – North Dakota
Supersonic transport External links:
Supersonic Transport – AbeBooks
Supersonic transport (eBook, 2012) [WorldCat.org]
Supersonic transport | aviation | Britannica.com
High speed photography External links:
Arduino High Speed Photography Trigger – Matt …
High Speed Photography: 8 Steps (with Pictures)
Wire rope External links:
Indusco Wire Rope & Fittings
High speed rail External links:
US High Speed Rail Map
The New Yorker External links:
The New Yorker
The New Yorker – Home | Facebook
The New Yorker – Poetry Submission Manager
Sailing ship External links:
Most Popular “Sailing Ship” Titles – IMDb
Sailing Ship Jigsaw Puzzle – JigZone.com
Sailing Ship Coloring Page | crayola.com
Desktop publishing External links:
Buy Adobe InDesign CC | Desktop publishing software …
Compact Disc External links:
Makita 4.2 Amp 5 in. Corded Lightweight Compact Disc Sander with Disc, Pad, and Side Handle
Free Shipping. Buy COMPACT DISC PLAYER at Walmart.com
Compact disc | recording | Britannica.com
Business process reengineering External links:
Job: BUSINESS PROCESS REENGINEERING | Master …
[PPT]Business Process Reengineering: Principles, …
Journal of Product Innovation Management External links:
JOURNAL OF PRODUCT INNOVATION MANAGEMENT …
Comments: The Journal of product innovation management.
Unit cost External links:
[PDF]Annual Average Unit Cost Trends In Montgomery …
[PDF]Synthesis on Construction Unit Cost Development: …
Program Acquisition Unit Cost (PAUC)-Defense …
Pace of innovation External links:
Tableau’s Pace of Innovation | Tableau Software
Technology support net External links:
Technology support net – Revolvy
https://www.revolvy.com/topic/Technology support net&item_type=topic
Technology support net – WOW.com
LED display External links:
LED Display Case Lights | eBay
Free 2-day shipping on qualified orders over $35. Buy Ematic AT103B Digital Converter Box with LED Display and Recording Capabilities at Walmart.com
Rail transport External links:
Service Map – Iowa Northern Railway – Rail Transport …
Killer application External links:
[PDF]The Killer Application of Revenue Management: …
Killer Application – investopedia.com
Western Union External links:
Welcome to My WU® | United States | Western Union®
Western Union – Trackpayments
Western Union® AgentPortal
Vertical integration External links:
Vertical integration | The Economist
Technology strategy External links:
AMC Science and Technology Strategy for 2014-2040
Marketing Technology Strategy Services | Merkle
OPM: Information Technology Strategy and Investment Committee
Creative destruction External links:
[PDF]creative destruction Final
[PDF]Creative Destruction of Higher Education Institutions
What is creative destruction? – Quora
Music industry External links:
Music Industry Job Descriptions | US Music Jobs
The Tree That Rocked The Music Industry : NPR
Personal computer External links:
Personal computer | Britannica.com
Personal Computer History: The First 25 Years | Low End …
HP Personal Computer Startup & No-Boot | HP® Official Site
Paradigm shift External links:
Paradigm Shift Consulting Group LLC – Home
Paradigm shift | Define Paradigm shift at Dictionary.com
Fuel injection External links:
Alkydigger Fuel Injection, Superchargers, Ignitions – …
Affordable Fuel Injection – Official Site
Fuel Injection – Holley Performance Products
ITunes Store External links:
iTunes Store – Contact Us – Apple Support
Computer printer External links:
How to setup and install a computer printer
Video rental External links:
Photo and Video Rental Equipment | Pro Photo Supply
Streaming Video Rental & Purchase – Christianbook.com
Redbox 2530 Williams Blvd Kenner, LA Video Rental …
Laser printer External links:
See shopping results for laser printer
Buy Brother HL-L2380DW Wireless Monochrome Laser Printer, Amazon Dash Replenishment Enabled: Everything Else – Amazon.com FREE DELIVERY possible on eligible purchases
Brother MFC-L2700DW | Compact All-in-One Laser Printer
Cathode ray tube External links:
What is cathode ray tube (CRT)? – Definition from WhatIs.com
Electronic organ External links:
[PDF]ELECTRONIC ORGAN – Combo Organ Heaven
BONTEMPI ELECTRONIC ORGAN Parts – Sears PartsDirect
Electronic organ servicing guide, (Book, 1971) …
Desktop computer External links:
[PDF]For Desktop Computer Users
CyberpowerPC Desktop Computer Gamer Master 2019 …
Amazon.com: HP 8300 Elite Small Form Factor Desktop Computer, Intel Core i5-3470 3.2GHz Quad-Core, 8GB RAM, 500GB SATA, Windows 10 …
Seagate Technology External links:
STX – Seagate Technology PLC Stock quote – CNNMoney…
Seagate Technology PLC Ordinary Shares (Ireland) …
Market share External links:
Increase Title Production, Growth & Market Share | Data …
Title Market Share
California Insurance Market Share Reports
http://www.insurance.ca.gov › … › Company and Agent/Broker Information
Shutter lag External links:
What Is Shutter Lag Time? – Lifewire
Digital cameras that minimize shutter lag – The New York Times
Preventing Shutter Lag – KenRockwell.com
Digital synthesizer External links:
Waldorf Blofeld Desktop Digital Synthesizer White | Reverb
Korg Volca FM Digital Synthesizer with Sequencer | Reverb
Kawai K1R, Digital Synthesizer Module, Vintage Rack | eBay
http://www.ebay.com › … › Signal Processors/Rack Effects
Horse-drawn vehicle External links:
Michigan Horse-Drawn Vehicle Association
Coach | horse-drawn vehicle | Britannica.com
Hydraulic machinery External links:
Hydraulic Repair | Hydraulic Machinery | Hydraulic Testing
About Us – A.L.E. Hydraulic Machinery Company
WATSON STILLMAN, Watson-Stillman, W-S, Hydraulic Machinery…
Profit margin External links:
What is Gross Profit Margin? definition and meaning
Profit Margin Calculator – Dinkytown.net
How to Make a Profit Margin Formula in Excel | Chron.com
Electric piano External links:
Free Shipping. Buy Black 61 Keys Digital Music Electronic Keyboard Key Board Kids Toy Gift Electric Piano Organ at Walmart.com
Casio Electric Piano CPS 700 – GovDeals.com
AIR Velvet 2 Vintage Electric Piano Instrument | Sweetwater
Steel mill External links:
Decisions coming soon on steel mill, smelter in New Madrid
Zip drive External links:
Zip Drive | eBay
ARCHIVED: In Windows, how do I install my Iomega Zip drive?
usb zip drive – Staples®
Disruptive innovation External links:
Liquid crystal display External links:
Liquid crystal display | electronics | Britannica.com
Technology readiness level External links:
Technology Readiness Level (TRL) – AcqNotes
[PDF]Technology Readiness Level Definitions