What is involved in Public relations
Find out what the related areas are that Public relations connects with, associates with, correlates with or affects, and which require thought, deliberation, analysis, review and discussion. This unique checklist stands out in a sense that it is not per-se designed to give answers, but to engage the reader and lay out a Public relations thinking-frame.
How far is your company on its Public relations journey?
Take this short survey to gauge your organization’s progress toward Public relations leadership. Learn your strongest and weakest areas, and what you can do now to create a strategy that delivers results.
To address the criteria in this checklist for your organization, extensive selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information.
Start the Checklist
Below you will find a quick checklist designed to help you think about which Public relations related domains to cover and 137 essential critical questions to check off in that domain.
The following domains are covered:
Public relations, Risk communication, Search engines, Text and conversation theory, Conway, South Carolina, Name recognition, American Dream, Cult of personality, Historical revisionism, Crisis communication, Intrapersonal communication, D. Lawrence Kincaid, Noam Chomsky, Atrocity propaganda, Big lie, Outline of communication, Psychological manipulation, Freedom of speech, Target audience, Mass communication, Critical theory, Sound bite, Media regulation, Digital marketing, Character assassination, Communication design, False balance, Public Relations Society of America, Corporate identity, Market research, Sales promotion, Advertisement film, Brand management, Visual communication, Smear campaign, Crisis management, Social media marketing, International communication, The Lonely Crowd, Strike action, United Transit Commission, Burning of books and burying of scholars, Fifth column, General public, Government relations, Opinion leadership, News broadcasting, Propaganda of the deed, Promotional model, Mainstream media, Public relations, Broadcast law, Computer-mediated communication, Pop music, Sex in advertising:
Public relations Critical Criteria:
Prioritize Public relations management and proactively manage Public relations risks.
– If the single biggest influence in shaping consumers attitudes is community organizations, what are they and how can public relations help?
– What are your public relations problems and opportunities based on the product/program and consumer lifecycles?
– What are the problems, opportunities and anticipated issues that public relations can address?
– What do public relations professionals need to do to become excellent leaders?
– How does the organization define, manage, and improve its Public relations processes?
– Do you monitor the effectiveness of your Public relations activities?
– Is there any existing Public relations governance structure?
Risk communication Critical Criteria:
Review Risk communication tasks and suggest using storytelling to create more compelling Risk communication projects.
– What are the success criteria that will indicate that Public relations objectives have been met and the benefits delivered?
– What is the source of the strategies for Public relations strengthening and reform?
– Risk factors: what are the characteristics of Public relations that make it risky?
– Risk Communication what to Communicate?
Search engines Critical Criteria:
Discuss Search engines results and arbitrate Search engines techniques that enhance teamwork and productivity.
– How do we measure improved Public relations service perception, and satisfaction?
– Do we have past Public relations Successes?
Text and conversation theory Critical Criteria:
Scan Text and conversation theory decisions and maintain Text and conversation theory for success.
– What sources do you use to gather information for a Public relations study?
– How can you measure Public relations in a systematic way?
– What are specific Public relations Rules to follow?
Conway, South Carolina Critical Criteria:
Coach on Conway, South Carolina governance and tour deciding if Conway, South Carolina progress is made.
– What is the total cost related to deploying Public relations, including any consulting or professional services?
– Does Public relations analysis show the relationships among important Public relations factors?
– Are accountability and ownership for Public relations clearly defined?
Name recognition Critical Criteria:
Jump start Name recognition results and perfect Name recognition conflict management.
– What are our best practices for minimizing Public relations project risk, while demonstrating incremental value and quick wins throughout the Public relations project lifecycle?
– What potential environmental factors impact the Public relations effort?
– What are the Essentials of Internal Public relations Management?
American Dream Critical Criteria:
Accelerate American Dream adoptions and overcome American Dream skills and management ineffectiveness.
– Think about the kind of project structure that would be appropriate for your Public relations project. should it be formal and complex, or can it be less formal and relatively simple?
– In a project to restructure Public relations outcomes, which stakeholders would you involve?
– Will the Collapse of the American Dream Lead to a Decline in Ethical Business Behaviour?
– Is Supporting Public relations documentation required?
Cult of personality Critical Criteria:
Have a session on Cult of personality governance and define what our big hairy audacious Cult of personality goal is.
– Can we add value to the current Public relations decision-making process (largely qualitative) by incorporating uncertainty modeling (more quantitative)?
– Who will be responsible for documenting the Public relations requirements in detail?
– What about Public relations Analysis of results?
Historical revisionism Critical Criteria:
Familiarize yourself with Historical revisionism issues and remodel and develop an effective Historical revisionism strategy.
– Consider your own Public relations project. what types of organizational problems do you think might be causing or affecting your problem, based on the work done so far?
– Does Public relations systematically track and analyze outcomes for accountability and quality improvement?
– Have you identified your Public relations key performance indicators?
Crisis communication Critical Criteria:
Check Crisis communication leadership and describe which business rules are needed as Crisis communication interface.
– Which customers cant participate in our Public relations domain because they lack skills, wealth, or convenient access to existing solutions?
– Does our organization need more Public relations education?
Intrapersonal communication Critical Criteria:
Value Intrapersonal communication governance and mentor Intrapersonal communication customer orientation.
– How can we incorporate support to ensure safe and effective use of Public relations into the services that we provide?
– What is the purpose of Public relations in relation to the mission?
– How do we go about Comparing Public relations approaches/solutions?
D. Lawrence Kincaid Critical Criteria:
Chart D. Lawrence Kincaid governance and reduce D. Lawrence Kincaid costs.
– What are the short and long-term Public relations goals?
– How can we improve Public relations?
Noam Chomsky Critical Criteria:
Think about Noam Chomsky tactics and look in other fields.
– Do we monitor the Public relations decisions made and fine tune them as they evolve?
– Can we do Public relations without complex (expensive) analysis?
– How do we Lead with Public relations in Mind?
Atrocity propaganda Critical Criteria:
Define Atrocity propaganda decisions and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Atrocity propaganda.
– How do we ensure that implementations of Public relations products are done in a way that ensures safety?
– How important is Public relations to the user organizations mission?
Big lie Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap Big lie risks and document what potential Big lie megatrends could make our business model obsolete.
– Will Public relations have an impact on current business continuity, disaster recovery processes and/or infrastructure?
– How is the value delivered by Public relations being measured?
Outline of communication Critical Criteria:
Read up on Outline of communication results and look at the big picture.
– Who will provide the final approval of Public relations deliverables?
– How to deal with Public relations Changes?
Psychological manipulation Critical Criteria:
Interpolate Psychological manipulation failures and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Psychological manipulation results.
– In what ways are Public relations vendors and us interacting to ensure safe and effective use?
– When a Public relations manager recognizes a problem, what options are available?
Freedom of speech Critical Criteria:
Study Freedom of speech leadership and report on the economics of relationships managing Freedom of speech and constraints.
– Will Public relations deliverables need to be tested and, if so, by whom?
Target audience Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on Target audience planning and report on setting up Target audience without losing ground.
– Spheres of influerce in the consumers life. what people, activities, organizations and media can have the most effect on determining the target audiences receptivity to products?
– What people, activities, organizations and media can have the most effect on determining the target audiences receptivity to csm products?
– What message design and communication channel(s) are likely to be most effective for the target audience?
– What are the Key enablers to make this Public relations move?
– Who is the target audience for this advertising message?
– Which Public relations goals are the most important?
– Do the media selected reach the target audience?
– Are we sure the target audience is watching?
– Who are your target audiences?
Mass communication Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Mass communication governance and finalize the present value of growth of Mass communication.
– Who will be responsible for deciding whether Public relations goes ahead or not after the initial investigations?
– What are your most important goals for the strategic Public relations objectives?
– Can Management personnel recognize the monetary benefit of Public relations?
Critical theory Critical Criteria:
Survey Critical theory issues and report on setting up Critical theory without losing ground.
– Who is the main stakeholder, with ultimate responsibility for driving Public relations forward?
– Are there Public relations Models?
Sound bite Critical Criteria:
Substantiate Sound bite issues and devise Sound bite key steps.
– Think about the people you identified for your Public relations project and the project responsibilities you would assign to them. what kind of training do you think they would need to perform these responsibilities effectively?
– To what extent does management recognize Public relations as a tool to increase the results?
Media regulation Critical Criteria:
Track Media regulation goals and work towards be a leading Media regulation expert.
– Does Public relations include applications and information with regulatory compliance significance (or other contractual conditions that must be formally complied with) in a new or unique manner for which no approved security requirements, templates or design models exist?
– How can you negotiate Public relations successfully with a stubborn boss, an irate client, or a deceitful coworker?
Digital marketing Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Digital marketing visions and find the ideas you already have.
– Will new equipment/products be required to facilitate Public relations delivery for example is new software needed?
– How will it help your business compete in the context of Digital Marketing?
– What are the record-keeping requirements of Public relations activities?
Character assassination Critical Criteria:
Investigate Character assassination outcomes and report on the economics of relationships managing Character assassination and constraints.
– Is Public relations Realistic, or are you setting yourself up for failure?
Communication design Critical Criteria:
Learn from Communication design tactics and plan concise Communication design education.
– How do you incorporate cycle time, productivity, cost control, and other efficiency and effectiveness factors into these Public relations processes?
– What will be the consequences to the business (financial, reputation etc) if Public relations does not go ahead or fails to deliver the objectives?
False balance Critical Criteria:
Confer re False balance outcomes and probe False balance strategic alliances.
– Does Public relations create potential expectations in other areas that need to be recognized and considered?
– How can the value of Public relations be defined?
Public Relations Society of America Critical Criteria:
See the value of Public Relations Society of America management and display thorough understanding of the Public Relations Society of America process.
– What are the usability implications of Public relations actions?
– Who needs to know about Public relations ?
Corporate identity Critical Criteria:
Facilitate Corporate identity tasks and innovate what needs to be done with Corporate identity.
– How do we make it meaningful in connecting Public relations with what users do day-to-day?
Market research Critical Criteria:
Adapt Market research issues and figure out ways to motivate other Market research users.
– Does the software allow users to bring in data from outside the company on-the-flylike demographics and market research to augment corporate data?
– How do we know that any Public relations analysis is complete and comprehensive?
– Do we all define Public relations in the same way?
Sales promotion Critical Criteria:
Model after Sales promotion management and intervene in Sales promotion processes and leadership.
Advertisement film Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Advertisement film outcomes and inform on and uncover unspoken needs and breakthrough Advertisement film results.
Brand management Critical Criteria:
Discourse Brand management adoptions and define what do we need to start doing with Brand management.
– What prevents me from making the changes I know will make me a more effective Public relations leader?
Visual communication Critical Criteria:
Read up on Visual communication strategies and probe Visual communication strategic alliances.
– Is the scope of Public relations defined?
Smear campaign Critical Criteria:
Disseminate Smear campaign tactics and customize techniques for implementing Smear campaign controls.
– what is the best design framework for Public relations organization now that, in a post industrial-age if the top-down, command and control model is no longer relevant?
Crisis management Critical Criteria:
Win new insights about Crisis management projects and slay a dragon.
– Is the crisis management team comprised of members from Human Resources?
– What are the barriers to increased Public relations production?
– What are our Public relations Processes?
Social media marketing Critical Criteria:
Accumulate Social media marketing planning and know what your objective is.
– What tools do you use once you have decided on a Public relations strategy and more importantly how do you choose?
International communication Critical Criteria:
Tête-à-tête about International communication strategies and correct International communication management by competencies.
– What management system can we use to leverage the Public relations experience, ideas, and concerns of the people closest to the work to be done?
The Lonely Crowd Critical Criteria:
Bootstrap The Lonely Crowd planning and cater for concise The Lonely Crowd education.
– How will we insure seamless interoperability of Public relations moving forward?
Strike action Critical Criteria:
Design Strike action adoptions and oversee Strike action requirements.
United Transit Commission Critical Criteria:
Coach on United Transit Commission goals and describe the risks of United Transit Commission sustainability.
– What new services of functionality will be implemented next with Public relations ?
Burning of books and burying of scholars Critical Criteria:
Revitalize Burning of books and burying of scholars tactics and customize techniques for implementing Burning of books and burying of scholars controls.
– A compounding model resolution with available relevant data can often provide insight towards a solution methodology; which Public relations models, tools and techniques are necessary?
– Do we aggressively reward and promote the people who have the biggest impact on creating excellent Public relations services/products?
Fifth column Critical Criteria:
Explore Fifth column engagements and raise human resource and employment practices for Fifth column.
– Do the Public relations decisions we make today help people and the planet tomorrow?
– Are assumptions made in Public relations stated explicitly?
– How will you measure your Public relations effectiveness?
General public Critical Criteria:
Coach on General public failures and attract General public skills.
– Is a public interest involved: e.g., would disclosure benefit the general public in light of content and context of the information?
– Disclosure of names/salaries by Court of Auditors in report to Parliament; necessary also to disclose to general public?
– Do several people in different organizational units assist with the Public relations process?
Government relations Critical Criteria:
Rank Government relations adoptions and find out.
– What are our needs in relation to Public relations skills, labor, equipment, and markets?
– How do we keep improving Public relations?
Opinion leadership Critical Criteria:
Debate over Opinion leadership risks and work towards be a leading Opinion leadership expert.
– Do those selected for the Public relations team have a good general understanding of what Public relations is all about?
– Are there any disadvantages to implementing Public relations? There might be some that are less obvious?
News broadcasting Critical Criteria:
Collaborate on News broadcasting tasks and diversify by understanding risks and leveraging News broadcasting.
– Is there a Public relations Communication plan covering who needs to get what information when?
Propaganda of the deed Critical Criteria:
Deliberate Propaganda of the deed decisions and acquire concise Propaganda of the deed education.
Promotional model Critical Criteria:
Nurse Promotional model engagements and spearhead techniques for implementing Promotional model.
– What are your current levels and trends in key measures or indicators of Public relations product and process performance that are important to and directly serve your customers? how do these results compare with the performance of your competitors and other organizations with similar offerings?
– What are the disruptive Public relations technologies that enable our organization to radically change our business processes?
– How do we Improve Public relations service perception, and satisfaction?
Mainstream media Critical Criteria:
Investigate Mainstream media results and find answers.
– Does Public relations appropriately measure and monitor risk?
Public relations Critical Criteria:
Test Public relations results and do something to it.
– Have all basic functions of Public relations been defined?
Broadcast law Critical Criteria:
Match Broadcast law adoptions and tour deciding if Broadcast law progress is made.
– How do we maintain Public relationss Integrity?
Computer-mediated communication Critical Criteria:
Map Computer-mediated communication tasks and innovate what needs to be done with Computer-mediated communication.
– Who is responsible for ensuring appropriate resources (time, people and money) are allocated to Public relations?
– How can skill-level changes improve Public relations?
Pop music Critical Criteria:
Communicate about Pop music visions and oversee Pop music requirements.
Sex in advertising Critical Criteria:
Reconstruct Sex in advertising issues and budget the knowledge transfer for any interested in Sex in advertising.
– What will drive Public relations change?
This quick readiness checklist is a selected resource to help you move forward. Learn more about how to achieve comprehensive insights with the Public relations Self Assessment:
Author: Gerard Blokdijk
CEO at The Art of Service | http://theartofservice.com
Gerard is the CEO at The Art of Service. He has been providing information technology insights, talks, tools and products to organizations in a wide range of industries for over 25 years. Gerard is a widely recognized and respected information expert. Gerard founded The Art of Service consulting business in 2000. Gerard has authored numerous published books to date.
To address the criteria in this checklist, these selected resources are provided for sources of further research and information:
Public relations External links:
Microsoft Public Relations Contacts | Stories
VocusPR – Cision Public Relations
Ogilvy Public Relations
Risk communication External links:
Crisis and Emergency Risk Communication (CERC) Online …
Training|Crisis & Emergency Risk Communication (CERC)
Risk Communication | Gateway to Health Communication | …
Search engines External links:
Top 10 Search Engines In The World – Reliablesoft
Internet Basics: Using Search Engines – Full Page
Best Price Comparison Search Engines – Consumer Reports
Text and conversation theory External links:
Text and conversation theory – WOW.com
Conway, South Carolina External links:
Taco Bell in Conway, South Carolina | 2300 Church St.
Bonfire – A Smokin’ Taqueria, Conway, South Carolina: Rated 4.5 of 5, check 238 Reviews of Bonfire – A Smokin’ Taqueria, Barbecue Restaurant
Riverfest 2018, an Event in Conway, South Carolina
Name recognition External links:
[DOC]Name recognition – Oklahoma
http://www.ok.gov/okswat/documents/Name Recognition-Caitlin B.doc
American Dream External links:
American Dream (TV Series 2015– ) – IMDb
Share this Rating. Title: American Dream (2015– ) 8.1 /10. Want to share IMDb’s rating on your own site? Use the HTML below.
Free American Dream Essays and Papers – 123HelpMe
Cult of personality External links:
Living Colour – Cult Of Personality Lyrics | MetroLyrics
Living Colour – Cult Of Personality – YouTube
Crisis communication External links:
Defense & Military – AtHoc – Networked Crisis Communication
Login – AtHoc – Networked Crisis Communication
Home – AtHoc – Networked Crisis Communication
Intrapersonal communication External links:
Intrapersonal communication Flashcards | Quizlet
D. Lawrence Kincaid External links:
Lawyer’s Tale: d. Lawrence Kincaid: 9780517158500: …
Noam Chomsky External links:
Noam Chomsky – Official Site
Noam Chomsky Quotes – BrainyQuote
Noam Chomsky Diagnoses the Trump Era | The Nation
Atrocity propaganda External links:
Atrocity Propaganda? – Apocalypsis
Big lie External links:
POST MALONE-BIG LIE – YouTube
The Big Lie of Strategic Planning – hbr.org
The Big Lie: American Addict 2 (2016) – IMDb
Psychological manipulation External links:
4 Signs Someone Is Using Psychological Manipulation On …
Psychological Manipulation – psychologicalharassment.com
Infographic: Psychological Manipulation | Psychologia
Freedom of speech External links:
Freedom of Speech and the War Flashcards | Quizlet
Freedom of Speech and Expression – The New York Times
Why Freedom of Speech Matters – InsideSources
Target audience External links:
Target Audiences | Nazi Propaganda
Learn What a Target Audience is in Marketing – The Balance
Who Is Starbucks’ Target Audience? | Chron.com
Mass communication External links:
LSU Manship School of Mass Communication
Media and Mass Communication Conference – MEDCOM ’18
Mass Communication Theory – Mass Communication …
Sound bite External links:
The Sound Bite Restaurant
Sound bite | Define Sound bite at Dictionary.com
Fundraiser by Julian Phillips : The Sound Bite Restaurant
Media regulation External links:
Electronic Media Regulation Flashcards | Quizlet
Digital marketing External links:
Conversant | The Leader in Personalized Digital Marketing
Seattle – Digital Marketing Conference | April 17-18, 2018
Los Angeles – Digital Marketing Conference | April 10-11, 2018
Character assassination External links:
character assassination – Wiktionary
Character assassination. (Book, 1950) [WorldCat.org]
Character assassination – Global Informality Project
Communication design External links:
Communication Design – New York City College of Technology
Communication Design | Northampton Community College
Thirst | Communication Design Practice
Public Relations Society of America External links:
Public Relations Society of America
Public Relations Society of America – PRSA Jobcenter
Home – Public Relations Society of America
Corporate identity External links:
Corporate identity. (Book, 1989) [WorldCat.org]
[PPT]Corporate Identity – Mark Tittley
Corporate Identity Japan – AbeBooks
Market research External links:
[PDF]MARKET RESEARCH – www.acquisition.gov
Market Overview & Stock Market Research | Scottrade
The Arcview Group | Cannabis Investment & Market Research
Sales promotion External links:
Marketing – Sales promotion | business | Britannica.com
Marketing & Sales Promotion – The Balance
Sales Promotion Flashcards | Quizlet
Brand management External links:
Brand management in higher education: The University …
BMP – Brand Management Professionals
Visual communication External links:
Visual Communication – AbeBooks
eagereyes – Visualization and Visual Communication
Visual communication. (Journal, magazine, 2002) …
Crisis management External links:
Crisis Management | Investopedia
International Crisis Management Conference
Social media marketing External links:
Every social media marketing strategy to grow your business.
SOCi Social Media Marketing & Management Platform
Social Media Marketing | ForemostAgent.com
International communication External links:
John C. Daniels School of International Communication | NHPS
International Communication Association Conference Prague
The Lonely Crowd External links:
The Lonely Crowd – Home | Facebook
The Lonely Crowd | new short fiction, poetry & photography
Duotrope: The Lonely Crowd
Strike action External links:
Power Rangers Super Megaforce: Super Strike Action Games
Strike Action | Northern
Strike Action – Train FAQ | Northern
Fifth column External links:
Fifth column (Book, 1940) [WorldCat.org]
“Bomb Girls” Fifth Column (TV Episode 2013) – IMDb
Share this Rating. Title: Fifth Column (01 Apr 2013) 8.6 /10. Want to share IMDb’s rating on your own site? Use the HTML below.
General public External links:
General Public – “Tenderness” – YouTube
Vital Statistics Unit – General Public
General Public: Jobs Open to the General Public – StateJobsNY
Government relations External links:
Government Relations Action Center
State & Local Government Relations & Advocacy | MultiState
Government Relations Specialist | LobbyingJobs.com
Opinion leadership External links:
Opinion Leadership | Leadership | Leadership & Mentoring
Opinion Leadership Flashcards | Quizlet
Opinion Leadership | Leadership | Leadership & Mentoring
News broadcasting External links:
Monday Morning in News Broadcasting – YouTube
Trump Threatens The NBC News Broadcasting License | …
Propaganda of the deed External links:
[PDF]The Propaganda of the Deed: Terrorism, …
[PDF]The Propaganda of the Deed: Terrorism, …
Propaganda of the deed – Revolvy
https://www.revolvy.com/main/index.php?s=Propaganda of the deed
Promotional model External links:
Promo Girl Jobs – Promotional Model Jobs – Models Wanted
Kavonna Pearson is a promotional model. | …
Kristie Wolfe is a promotional model. | MyPromoJobs.com
Mainstream media External links:
Why No One Trusts the Mainstream Media | PragerU
Public relations External links:
Public Relations Society of America – PRSA Jobcenter
VocusPR – Cision Public Relations
Public Relations – The Washington Post
Broadcast law External links:
Broadcast Law & Ethics Exam 3 Flashcards | Quizlet
The Broadcast Law Blog from Hardy, Carey, Chautin & Balkin
[PDF]Jeremy Alf Professor McHugh Broadcast Law and …
Pop music External links:
Adult Pop Music & Songs Chart | Billboard
Downloads J-Rock J-Pop Music [MP3/AAC/FLAC/ALAC]
Sex in advertising External links:
Sex in Advertising | AdAge Encyclopedia of Advertising – AdAge